Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls

Article about: Hello Gents, Has this badge any chance to be good? I don ´t like soft details but hardware looks like St and Luck. thanks, regards Pepe

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls

Hello Gents,
    Has this badge any chance to be good? I don ´t like soft details but hardware looks like St and Luck.
    thanks, regards Pepe
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls   Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls  

Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls  
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls  Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls 
    Last edited by Adrian; 07-06-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls

Hi Pepe, I THINK this one is OK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade, any other opinions?

?

Hello Pepe,
    I also think your badge is good. I saw it yesterday but was at work and couldn't compare it to mine. Here is my example below. I think you'll agree they are a good match. The details on yours are softer than mine, maybe due to the period of manufacture and the catch is different but overall I believe they are very close to each other.
    These are called the 'Daisy' variant. I have no idea on the maker at the moment but I'll look into it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls   Panzerkampfabzeichen opinions pls  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Yes Adrian I agree with you, they are from the same maker. Interesting thing is lack of the details on my badge compared with yours. Even daisy is worse visible..

anyway, thanks for your pics! cheers Pepe

Hello Pepe,

I agree with the others, it looks ok. The pics aren't very clear and there's some wear which could also account for the lack of detail. The semi-hollow zinc Daisy variant, has a type A & B. The main difference with Type A is that it has a die flaw running down the right outer track, which yours appears to have. Once again, I can't completely tell by the pics. Type B which is much more common than Type A, was produced to primarily correct that die flaw. Some attribute this badge to Schauerte & Höhfeld, though it's not certain.

BR,
    James