Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen original or fake

Article about: Hi all, I want to buy this badge and wanted to know your opinion if it is original or fake thank you very much

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen original or fake

Hi all, I want to buy this badge and wanted to know your opinion if it is original or fake

thank you very muchPanzerkampfabzeichen original or fakePanzerkampfabzeichen original or fakePanzerkampfabzeichen original or fakePanzerkampfabzeichen original or fakePanzerkampfabzeichen original or fakePanzerkampfabzeichen original or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen original or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen original or fake

Fake

Pound for pound, this is the most common fake on the market. The badge is based on an original unknown maker known to collectors as the 'Oval crimp type 1.10.1'.

The biggest 'tells' on this fake are the eagles head which is not compatible with the design type 1 that was used on the earliest Panzerkampf Abzeichen's that were designed by Juncker. The other big no-no is the noticably pointed cupola. These are found as both solid and hollow badges, both in tombak and zinc, and many variants of rear set up, some of which are very convincing.

The cut out swastika is another clever angle to pull in unsuspecting collectors, as is them also appearing as 'modified' awards with cut out grass foregrounds.

The fake is actually well made, but if you bear in mind the couple of points above, it is instantly recognisable for what it is.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you very much for the information, it is good to consult before buying

regards
    Fernando

?

The so called toucan fake.