Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?

Article about: Good evening, I have the opportunity to purchase a decent little collection of assault badges and wound badges, but I am relatively ignorant when it comes to German badges, etc. I will try t

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?

Good evening,

I have the opportunity to purchase a decent little collection of assault badges and wound badges, but I am relatively ignorant when it comes to German badges, etc. I will try to list them in the correct forum/thread. I feel somewhat comfortable with this one based on internet research, but would appreciate the wisdom and opinions of forum members. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

This is not a type that I remember having seen before.

The fender below the right headlight is odd as well as the rear catch.

If I've missed this and it is a valid type, I would love to hear from others.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Please post some larger photos.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

I think the catch is odd too. But furnish some larger res photos and those members like Ralph with expertise in badges will be able to steer you in the right direction.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

I don't like the finish on the back, looks similar to many fakes. Back also looks to have pot marks due to casting. Then you have the catch, very similar in size and shape to post war ones. As a disclaimer, I have not seen all of the PAB made. I would most likely pass on this one. No positive confirmations from the experts on board is a bad start.

John

Thank you for the info so far. Sadly, I only have my phone for photos. Here are some close-ups....I hope they help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?  

Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?   Panzerkampfabzeichen, Real or Fake?  

MAP
    ?

Hmmm. Do I see a casting line on this one too? Also never saw a raised catch platform like this before

Someone please prove me wrong but I would say it's not one for me.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The color looks odd, but who knows how it has been stored.
    It could be a Frank & Reif with a replaced catch. It does have the correct shaped catch plate, and the eagle's head has the correct appearance.
    A larger photo of the whole front would help.
    You can compare with my marked example.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Good point Ralph.

Still not sure myself that this isn't a cast copy. The raised catch plate seems much higher and more vertical than your example

That said, I would rather be wrong and this be proven a good award.

Quote by MAP View Post
    The raised catch plate seems much higher and more vertical than your example
    I'm suggesting that there is a new catch soldered to the original catch plate.
    You can see it in this photo.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast