Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: I need again the help from experts I´ve got this silber PKA and im trying to learn, this is what i know : - the swastika was cut out, "entnazifiziert" and later replaced - shaped c

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

I need again the help from experts
    I´ve got this silber PKA and im trying to learn, this is what i know :

- the swastika was cut out, "entnazifiziert" and later replaced
    - shaped cout-out area on the reverse ot the eagles head
    - c hook

So its an Original Juncker Nickel Silver 1.1.1 ? Or im wrong ? Any kind of help is welcome

Greetings from germany
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-30-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

a very nice repair.

Which one Harry? I can see at least two, and there may be another but the pic's of the catch aren't good enough.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Which one Harry? I can see at least two, and there may be another but the pic's of the catch aren't good enough.
    and would you tell me the others ? ^^

Don't tell them your name Pike! Stewy

Use your book, check the pin. Also the hinge. It's been sawn to accommodate the replacement pin, which appears to be from a bronze badge, (the same one as the ZINC swastika i'm betting). The damaged rear of the eagles head may have been caused by the sawing, or deliberately bent over to help accomplish this repair. The value is obviously compromised by this, I hope you didn't pay much for this piece.

It's things like this Grasshopper, that the book don't tell ya....Use your eyes, think, learn.

Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Use your book, check the pin. Also the hinge. It's been sawn to accommodate the replacement pin, which appears to be from a bronze badge, (the same one as the ZINC swastika i'm betting). The damaged rear of the eagles head may have been caused by the sawing, or deliberately bent over to help accomplish this repair. The value is obviously compromised by this, I hope you didn't pay much for this piece.

It's things like this Grasshopper, that the book don't tell ya....Use your eyes, think, learn.

Ned.
    Ned, do you think someone wrecked a genuine bronze award to "repair" this one or those additions are from a fake/copy award. I only ask as the swastika does look like it has one wonky arm? Leon.

the repair to the swastika,and the other a chip off the old block yes?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Ned, do you think someone wrecked a genuine bronze award to "repair" this one or those additions are from a fake/copy award. I only ask as the swastika does look like it has one wonky arm? Leon.
    Hey Leon,

Who knows? The bent swastika arm has clearly took a heavy smack in the gap between it and the next arm clockwise by a tool like a chisel or screwdriver imo. It may be off a scrap original badge, or a fake, but it's a bit too much of an ask to go speculating, and doesn't matter anyway really, it is what it is.

One thing for sure is that someone, somewhere, spoiled an original badge of the earliest Panzerkampfabzeichen made, that had probably been de-nazified by the original recipient as per post war regulations, so that he could continue to proudly wear it during ceremonial/remembrance events or whatever. The badge is easily one of, if not the, most desirable badges of this type, it's iconic. Unfortunately the person who did this probably thinking it would increase it's value to collectors has in fact nearly killed it. A replaced catch, pin or no pin at all is acceptable, albeit reducing the value considerably, but it has to be thought of as a 'period repaired' piece or it's really not going to find many fans.

Regards, Ned.