Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.

Article about: Hello all! I recently picked up this badge and am trying to determine if it is a real deal or not. I only spent a few dollars on it and won't be heart broken if it's a fake, but I hope it's

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.

Hello all! I recently picked up this badge and am trying to determine if it is a real deal or not. I only spent a few dollars on it and won't be heart broken if it's a fake, but I hope it's a real one. Any help?

Last edited by rbminis; 03-03-2015 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber.
    P
    Many

looks to me a few Dollars well spent,Ned will know the maker its his specality.

It's marked Rudolf Karneth, in the pics it looks to have a crack between the Swaz & Panzer. Stewy

damn missed that.

Hi Brad and welcome to the forum,

Nothing wrong with this one, the crack is a common fault don't worry to much about dat. There's a nice amount of finish left that adds to it as these RK's often lose most or all of it. Sounds like you had a good score.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the input. I must say I lucked out on this. Was wandering through an old warehouse turned flea market and this was spotted. Picked it up for $20 Cdn. Tried for 15, but buddy wouldn't budge. Just out of curiosity, what would this retail for? Fear not, I am not out to make $$, I love history and will hold onto this for a long time to come, however, I just like to know what these typically go for?

Cheers

Brad

It's worth more than $20 Cdn. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Just check out emedals.com or germanwarbooty.com. these will give you a good idea (note however that condition and rarity of type/maker has a big impact on price)

That said, I think these prices are on the high end. I have 3 or 4 common but good/excellent condition examples and paid much less.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I may be old fashioned, but I believe it's wrong to ask for values of items publicly. The best way to get a ball park value is to PM some of the trusted members, or even better PM some of the Mods. they can be trusted to point you in the right direction of folks that will help you impartially. Just my opinion. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    It's worth more than $20 Cdn. Stewy
    I would agree with Stewy.
    Ralph.
    Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I may be old fashioned, but I believe it's wrong to ask for values of items publicly. The best way to get a ball park value is to PM some of the trusted members, or even better PM some of the Mods. they can be trusted to point you in the right direction of folks that will help you impartially. Just my opinion. Stewy
    I would also agree with this statement.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)