Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber

Article about: Hi, I came across a Panzerkampfabzeichen and doubting if it is real or fake. I hope someone can take away my concerns... Besides that in case it is real I am also wondering what it would be

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber

Hi,
    I came across a Panzerkampfabzeichen and doubting if it is real or fake.
    I hope someone can take away my concerns...
    Besides that in case it is real I am also wondering what it would be worth in this state.
    Thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum. Would appear to be a Herman Aurich of Dresden Solid zinc PKA. Type 1.8.1. In Philippe De Bocks reference book. To me it appears to be original, the only caveat though is that the details on the eagles breast and the tanks track appear poorly defined, however this may just be a lighting/photograph issue.

Regarding value, Searches of dealer sites will give you the information you seek.The purpose of the forum is generally not considered to be a free evaluation service.

I see no problems at all. The hinge crimping and tool marks on the pin are bang on. The galv finish on these was fairly poor, but the way it's degraded to a whitish finish on the obverse and patchy dark patina on the reverse is typical. It's also interesting to note that the second suspension spring fixing point just to the left of the drive sprocket is only partially defined. I handled an original bronze example last month that exhibited the same anomaly. As Robin says, look on the net for prices regarding Hermann Aurich Panzerkampfabzeichen's.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I agree with Robin and Ned, original.
    Would be nice to see a photo of the reverse with the pin down. If you like, you can compare with my example posted here.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A nice original Aurich for me too. Stewy

?

Thanks you all..
    I will go for this one :-)

Hello RPMK. In my earlier post I mentioned that the forum is not a free evaluation source. The reason for this is the number of one post wonders who appear ask ' is it original, how much is it worth' with a view to sell the item and then are never heard from again. Members of this forum have invested many hours of their time building up knowledge on their area of interest and after awhile such posts become a little wearing.

However I think I have misunderstood your initial post in so much as I thought you were looking for the value in order to sell.With your last post it now becomes clear that you were considering purchasing the Pab. If you in future post a potential purchase for appraisal could I suggest you word it differently, along the lines of ' I am considering buying this badge it is for sale for £**** do you think it is worth this and what is your opinion on its originality '. I am sure then you will receive all the information you are looking for.

Best Wishes

Robin

?

Hi Robin,
    Fair to mention this but i am new here and still trying to find my way...
    I will take your advice in mind.

Please understand that I am really interested in WW2 sins I was a kid but purchasing medals and badges this way via the web is new for me and I might need some help every now and then because I a new at this (but not a dummy ;-)
    Anyhow; thanks for your honesty…. In my opinion it shows I am at the right place.

I'm sure you will have a great time here the members are really friendly and very helpful.