Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber

Article about: I have this PAB in silver that is a hollow back, heavy tombak, ball style hinge. I'm curious on the maker? I was leaning toward Frank & Reif or GWL. I could be wrong on my assumption. th

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber

I have this PAB in silver that is a hollow back, heavy tombak, ball style hinge. I'm curious on the maker? I was leaning toward Frank & Reif or GWL. I could be wrong on my assumption. thank you for your time 🙂
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen Silber
    P
    Many

No response. Puzzled 😕

MAP
    ?

Until those with more knowledge come around I'll give you my two cents. That said I'm not skilled like Ned and the gang to be able to identify without consulting my reference materials. I can only work backwards, Comparing hardware and then looking at the obverse. From what I see, the rear hardware does not match up to a GWL or F&R according to Philippe De Bocks book.

I can continue paging through the other 850 pages however to see if I can find a match.

Edit: Looked through the rest of the book and did not see any matching hardware. So best wait for others.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not any hardware that I recognize.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

This is an example of the "Blob" fake that's been doing the rounds for decades now. The reverse hardware is completely wrong for ANY Panzerkampfabzeichen. Besides that, the obvious points that surprisingly everyone seems to have missed is the football shaped co ax MG port, the "dumbbell" track links and the over detailed grass/rock foreground not seen on originals of the Schickle/BH Mayer design this pup is based on.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you for the info Ned. It will be a nice tunic piece 😊

Quote by humble collector View Post
    No response. Puzzled 😕
    Don't forget the time zones for us here in dear old England. Ned is as always spot on & I can only agree with my old mate. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Don't forget the time zones for us here in dear old England. Ned is as always spot on & I can only agree with my old mate. Stewy
    Originally posted 9 days before HC revived his original question. These days messages from the U.S. - U.K. are instantaneous via this modern electronic wonder we call t'internet, rather than the old way you're used to, being written on parchment and shipped over on the Mayflower.

Felicitations to ye noble sire, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Uh. I've been asleep since then & remember I'm only an old lowly bricklayer. Still we got there in the end. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Uh. I've been asleep since then & remember I'm only an old lowly bricklayer. Still we got there in the end. Stewy
    And I am but a lowly cripple who's mother has been taken to hospital yesterday and may not be coming home again, but yeah, we got there didn't we?

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast