Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hey guys, one more and I'll give the medals a rest for a while. I'm upgrading several pieces I have had for a while and want to make sure I am putting in good pieces before I scrap the old o

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Hey guys, one more and I'll give the medals a rest for a while. I'm upgrading several pieces I have had for a while and want to make sure I am putting in good pieces before I scrap the old ones. This appears to be an unmarked panzer assault badge in silver I believe. Any thoughts on this one?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maybe others can help Jerry, but I can't tell anything due to the angled photo of the reverse and blurry photo of the obverse.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Moved to the correct section.
    Larger and straight on photos are necessary to be able to help you out on this one.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

No Need for extra pic's. This is a very common repro known as the 'Toucan' or 'Oval Crimp Fake'. Here's another identical one, only in bronze, as a comparison.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Jerry, a little tip. Try your best to emulate these photo's in future. Straight on, close up with minimal background and focussed. All the necessary details can be seen, and it makes life a hell of a lot easier when your asking for opinions on any badge.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks all. I appreciate the heads up on this one. I don't see enough of these to know good from bad. I suppose a reference book would be the best option. Any recommendations for awards/medals etc..?

Quote by JerryB52 View Post
    I suppose a reference book would be the best option. Any recommendations for awards/medals etc..?

Absolutely! I can without hesitation suggest; "The German Panzer Assault Badge of World War Two" by Philipp De Bock. ISBN; 978-90-81429-20-4

This is a two volume reference with superb detail and excellent photographs by maker and type.

I don't think it has been re-printed since the first edition in 2009 most of which I expect are sold but you can find 2nd hand copies.

Philippe is a very knowledgable collector of the badge and he would be the first to say that a great deal has been learnd about this subject in just the last few years but that does not detract from the information published in this book.

Philippe is the administrator at GCA Forum | Access denied. and whilst I wouldn't routinely advertise another forum besides our own I suggest you have a look there as for paying members there is an excellent database of TR badges.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

MAP
    ?

Agree with Mark. this is "THE" book.

There are still 'new' copies to be found. I got mine a year or so ago still in the shrink wrap from ebay or Amazon I think. But they aren't cheap. Sometimes over $350. But well worth every penny.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    But they aren't cheap. Sometimes over $350. But well worth every penny.
    Though you can easily pay that for a good top of the range badge (let's not even think about the numbered badges!!) so consider that and imagine pay that kind of money for a fake

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Though you can easily pay that for a good top of the range badge (let's not even think about the numbered badges!!) so consider that and imagine pay that kind of money for a fake

Regards

Mark
    It's always been my mantra here, purchase the book and after it saves you from buying a fake PAB then the rest is gravy. The same goes with all the other related textbooks. Here's just some of my well thumbed tomes. As they say, knowledge is power.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's always been my mantra here, purchase the book and after it saves you from buying a fake PAB then the rest is gravy. The same goes with all the other related textbooks. Here's just some of my well thumbed tomes. As they say, knowledge is power.

Regards, Ned.
    A library not dissimilar to mine Ned

"Seek and ye shall find" as someone once said!

Regards

Mark