Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hi, I got this Panzerkampfabzeichen. Until now I see nothing wrong with it but I would be glad to hear some confirmation from others. Thanks and best regards.

?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Hi, I got this Panzerkampfabzeichen. Until now I see nothing wrong with it but I would be glad to hear some confirmation from others.
    Thanks and best regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

This is a tough one for me. Others may know right off the top of their experienced head.

It might be a type 5.11.1 from an unknown maker. I need to research further. Might never be able to give a firm opinion. TBH, the photos are quiet poor.

Do you have better straight on photos of the eagles head? Clearer shots of the details on the grass pattern as well as the reverse hinge construction?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

I am much more convinced it is as I noted above. The grass pattern, rear silhouette, Oakleaf veins and some other details are similar.

That said, it is very hard to see the details in your photos. Less washed out on a darker background would help. As said above, straight on clear close up photos of the eagles head (and chest/talons), grass pattern and hinge. The hinge should be a larger sheet metal wraparound style.

Also, in your photos. What is the color of the remaining "wash" on the hardware. I assume it is silver which would indicate that this is the silver version.

Happy to stand corrected.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sorry, didn't have more photos. I have an agreement with the seller but did not payed yet. Could only ask for better photos.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rocs View Post
    Sorry, didn't have more photos. I have an agreement with the seller but did not payed yet. Could only ask for better photos.
    Always wait for a consensus of views if possible. I did my best but may have missed something.

?

IMO, it's original "scooped flatback".

MAP
    ?

Quote by ryuuk View Post
    IMO, it's original "scooped flatback".
    Thanks Ryuuk.

From these photos I couldn't detect the "scoop" but I could see now that it may be as you state given the darker patina around the edges of the reverse.

Also from the photos, I didn't see the die flaws in the wreath nor the untrimmed neck of the eagle that are typical with the 5.10 Scoop type. Thus I assume is was the near identical 5.11 version.

Either way, I agree that it is an original award.

?

Thanks MAP and Ryuuk for your help, always appreciate it.