Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,

Article about: Don't know much about these badges but your photos are excellent mate! Very crisp, clear and extremely useful to someone like myself who has a very limited knowledge on such badges. Terrific

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,

Here is a new addition to my PAB collection.
    As I told Ned in his thread, it has been difficult lately to find any that I wanted to add to my collection. This is a first pattern hollow zinc with a cut out swastika that utilizes the wrap around hinge. Phillipe DB attributes these to Paul Maybauer.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, 7 Wheeler, Hollow Zinc,
    P
    Many

Nice badge and beautifully photographed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Nice badge and beautifully photographed.
    Thank you Ade!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I second that.
    Thank you also Harry!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice find, congrats on the new addition. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Nice find, congrats on the new addition. Stewy
    Thank you Stewy!
    Ralph.

Thanks for showing. 7-wheelers are my favourite, especially cut-out Swaz variants. One I've yet to aquire. Lucky bugger. Stewy

Lovely badge Ralph!

As you probably know these 7 wheelers recently attributed to Meybauer are pretty rare. They are also quite delicate as they are amongst the lightest badges made, note the slightly distorted swastika that is believed caused when the badge was ejected from the die. Also looking at the top of the tank barrel, you can see that this badge was a 'double strike', and about 1 in 2 of these 7 wheelers show this slight burr edge atop the barrel caused by this. A great catch, I just missed out on a real beauty in bronze earlier this month and am still spitting feathers!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned!
    I have been keeping my eyes open for one for some time now, I have not seen many for sale. This one was actually reasonably priced. I had thought the swastika had taken a hit or something. Sorry you missed out on yours.
    Ralph.

Very nice, as usual from you, Ralph!

I know how it feels to find something you've been hunting for, for a while. It's very satisfying. Congrats!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Very nice, as usual from you, Ralph!

I know how it feels to find something you've been hunting for, for a while. It's very satisfying. Congrats!

Mark
    Thank you Mark!
    I agree, it is.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast