Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Article about: Good afternoon everybody. I have the opportunity to buy this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber and am looking for some opinions on authenticity. It's not in the best condition, so if original,

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber

Good afternoon everybody. I have the opportunity to buy this Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber and am looking for some opinions on authenticity. It's not in the best condition, so if original, would suggest late war production. The badge is unmarked. Many thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Not one I've seen before, but the hardware is Steinhauer & Lück.
    This "oval hinge" can be seen on solid zinc examples, typically found with a pointed pin.
    A couple of things I don't like though.
    Here is my solid example bearing this hardware.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Steinhauer & Lück, Oval Hinge
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Just got a reply from the WAF and it seems that it is an original Deumer.
    Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Ralph amazes me with many of his PAB's and other TR medals. It would make me cautious buying a medal that he has some questions about. When an items has questions it will always impact it's value in the collector world. I saw your posting on the other board with the all thumbs up. My concern is what are that boards members area of expertise. I know Ralph has great knowledge and can prove it with his collection.

Cheers;

John

I agree. I always defer to Ralph's superior knowledge. In this case though, I have now acquired the award, not for money, but by swapping it for an old SA Sportabzeichen that hadn't received any feedback. I figured that I had nothing to lose by potentially swapping one bad award for another.

Here is asimilar one on Mr Weitze's site. I know some people don't like him, but he does have a lot of stock for comparrison purposes.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber - Deumer (314877) - Decorations of the Wehrmacht Army - Military Antiques

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Ralph amazes me with many of his PAB's and other TR medals. It would make me cautious buying a medal that he has some questions about. When an items has questions it will always impact it's value in the collector world. I saw your posting on the other board with the all thumbs up. My concern is what are that boards members area of expertise. I know Ralph has great knowledge and can prove it with his collection.

Cheers;

John
    Thank you for the confidence John.
    I do not know it all, all I can do is search if I do not know for sure.
    I have no problem with the members that posted on the WAF thread, they all study of these awards.
    ryuuk studies these quite well, and is also a member here. I have confidence in his opinion.
    AndyC, Giel, and Thomas as well.
    Since those posts I have done a little more research, and do believe they are correct.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The oval hinge used in the production of this badge can also be found on "Vertical Crimp, deformed leaf" IABs.
    Refer to this thread.
    Need help about this Bronze Infantrie Sturmabzeichen.
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph, I am not questioning the integrity or vast knowledge of the members on the other board. Many of the members there have written books on TR items. I was just basing my comment on the volume and quality of the PAB's you have posted. It is true though that no one has seen it all. I was just giving your opinion some weight from the years of research I have done on this board.

I side note, was at a gun show yesterday and the amount and quality of TR items was the best I have ever seen there in years. I saw 2 partisan badges and 2 IAB25.

John