Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied

Article about: A new arrival to my collection. It is in the condition and finish that I like my items to be. I hope you like it. Ralph.

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied

I believe 43 is the year this badge was first produced by FLL, and the number continued to be used for the rest of the war with only the hardware changing to more cheaply produced alternatives. I have also seen this badge referred to as the '3' type, even though it says 43 on the reverse. There are also a few that have been found to have the number removed, but the 'ghost' of the number is still noticable where it looks to have been sanded/ground off for whatever reason that may be.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

congrats to this textbook FLL Panzerkampfabzeichen.It is really a very nice badge!It is a mid to later war badge imo.The number 43 is the date,who was made the die.

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Ralph,

congrats to this textbook FLL Panzerkampfabzeichen.It is really a very nice badge!It is a mid to later war badge imo.The number 43 is the date,who was made the die.
    Thank you Joachim!
    Are there any other known dates found on the back of this maker's PAB?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you Joachim!
    Are there any other known dates found on the back of this maker's Panzerkampf Abzeichen?
    Ralph.
    I believe there are no other dates found on FLL Panzerkampf Abzeichen's excepting 43 which the general concensus has as the date of the manufacture of the die. The only anomaly found has been where the 43 has been sanded/ground off deliberately, or even possibly accidently rubbed off during the stamping process. FLL also produced a GAB with the number 43 stamped on the reverse, again accepted as the year of maufacture. FLL's PK number was 33 and the LDO number L/61, so it does not relate to the M.M. code in either list.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Freidrich Linden, Ludenschied  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for that information Ned!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,

Ned is right.Only the number 43 can be found on the "FLL" badges.

Hi Ralph

Nice example, most of the ones I have seen available recently are the bronze grade variant...

As stated, the "43" positioned below the mm denotes the year the dies were made. Of course, that is what most ascertain without solid proof.
    The yellow colored solder seen around the sheet metal hinge and and flat stock catch is a trait of FLL assault badges. I have seen it on several of the later zinc hollow attributed FLL IAB's.

Congrats on your new addition!

Best Regards, fischer

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Ralph,

Ned is right.Only the number 43 can be found on the "FLL" badges.
    Thank you Joachim!
    Ralph.

- - Updated - -

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hi Ralph

Nice example, most of the ones I have seen available recently are the bronze grade variant...

As stated, the "43" positioned below the mm denotes the year the dies were made. Of course, that is what most ascertain without solid proof.
    The yellow colored solder seen around the sheet metal hinge and and flat stock catch is a trait of FLL assault badges. I have seen it on several of the later zinc hollow attributed FLL Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's.

Congrats on your new addition!

Best Regards, fischer
    Thanks fischer!
    I would think that the yellow is actually residue of the flux used to solder the hardware.
    Ralph.

Beautiful piece Ralph

I was used to seeing the typical welding with sight

?

Beautiful badge! Not many other PABs can beat that

all the best,
    Stefan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast