Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich

Article about: Here is a new PAB that arrived into my collection the other day. Fakes of this one have caught me off guard once or twice before. That will not happen again. I hope you like it, Ralph.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich

Here is a new PAB that arrived into my collection the other day. Fakes of this one have caught me off guard once or twice before. That will not happen again.
    I hope you like it,
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich

You're not the only one Ralph. Fakes of these are extremely deceptive but this one is a good badge and in nice condition too. Good addition to your collection!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

There's absolutely nothing wrong with this one Ralph. Very nice addition to a fine collection.

Tom

Quote by Adrian View Post
    You're not the only one Ralph. Fakes of these are extremely deceptive but this one is a good badge and in nice condition too. Good addition to your collection!
    Thanks Adrian!
    As I said, I will not be fooled by a fake of this one again.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by StuG III View Post
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with this one Ralph. Very nice addition to a fine collection.

Tom
    Thanks Tom!
    I stated in one of my threads on an EK, sometimes it is a very difficult decision between an EK or one of these. These are truly my favorite badges, they are just more expensive.
    Ralph.

This would win hands down for me too.

Tom

Indeed a beauty, Ralph...and well-photographed! Love the finish on this one as well as the gorgeous detail, especially the eagle's head!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Indeed a beauty, Ralph! Love the finish on this one as well!
    cheers, Glenn
    Thank you Glenn!
    Ralph.

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Indeed a beauty, Ralph...and well-photographed! Love the finish on this one as well as the gorgeous detail, especially the eagle's head!
    cheers, Glenn
    The eagle on this Aurich badge is the grand daddy of all PAB's, the 'Design Type 1' that was originally a part of the first design created by Juncker. The detailed, realistic design made it a favourite with the top award manufacturers at the time. It's direct influence can be seen on badges made by Wurster, Assmann, S&L, FLL, B&N, GWL and a couple of so far unknown makers besides the two already mentioned.

Nice badge Ralph, I missed this first time around!

Regards, Ned.

Edit: Just noticed that the full German name thingy that auto corrected 'PAB' to 'Panzer Kampfabzeichen' is no longer working either besides the 'Likes' button doing a Lord Lucan, I wonder if it's also the same for the 'CCC', 'GAB' and 'IAB' acronyms?

Edited edit: On the strength of the above edit, obviously it is.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    The eagle on this Aurich badge is the grand daddy of all PAB's, the 'Design Type 1' that was originally a part of the first design created by Juncker. The detailed, realistic design made it a favourite with the top award manufacturers at the time. It's direct influence can be seen on badges made by Wurster, Assmann, S&L, FLL, B&N, GWL and a couple of so far unknown makers besides the two already mentioned.

Nice badge Ralph, I missed this first time around!

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned!
    Definately one of the nicer designs.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast