Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich, Original?

Article about: Hi guys, I'd like to show you a PAB which is supposed to be a good one, before eventually buy it. What's your opinion? I'm searching in my own way too. Thanks. Greg.

As said, it's not a problem. Take a look at this flaw in the eagles head, it's a type of 'Cold Shut' caused where metal has failed to reach the correct temperature during the die stamping process and has caused this 'crack' that makes it look as if the badge were cast in 2 halves. This is a classic trait on genuine Aurich badges, and is found around the head and wing area on many of the rims of these awards, and fakers cannot replicate this correctly. If it were not there, then i'd certainly be looking twice at it! The badge is fine.

Regards, Ned.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich,  Original?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich,  Original?
    P
    Many

Quote by big ned View Post
    As said, it's not a problem. Take a look at this flaw in the eagles head, it's a type of 'Cold Shut' caused where metal has failed to reach the correct temperature during the die stamping process and has caused this 'crack' that makes it look as if the badge were cast in 2 halves. This is a classic trait on genuine Aurich badges, and is found around the head and wing area on many of the rims of these awards, and fakers cannot replicate this correctly. If it were not there, then i'd certainly be looking twice at it! The badge is fine.

Regards, Ned.
    It can also be seen in my example.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich,  Original?   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Hermann Aurich,  Original?  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Big Ned, that's a very clear explanation. I've seen another example on Internet with the same thing. I didn't knew it.
    My poblem, as a lot of young collectors, is that I buy the badge first and the good books after

?

Hello,

New post only to say I got it in my hands now. The badge is wonderfull. The most impressive IMO is the grass under the tank, which is very detailed.
    I love it!!

Greg.

Hi Greg,
    Would you mind to share better pictures?
    The Aurich panzer has one of the best looking eagles that you just can't stop loving them!

Regards
    HOW

?

Hello,

Better pics:

There's only a little strike on the head of the eagle, independant of the "cold shut" making.
    The grass is very detailed, the oakleaves too.

Greg.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2