Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & Hohfeld

Article about: Reposting separately. Sorry Ralph. Hoping to get opinions on this S&H that I believe to be good.

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & Hohfeld

UPDATE:

I decided I felt good enough about this one to buy it. It arrived yesterday and I wanted to post some updated images.

You may notice this example of a silver PAB by S&H exhibits a lesser seen catch from this maker, that I'm told is a configuration found on some of their earlier badges. I was able to find examples of this configuration on S&H PAB's and IAB's elsewhere in both bronze and silver, but it's not terribly common.

This badge is produced in buntmetal.

There are a few more details on the reverse than the photos show, but it's hard to photograph. The finish seems to about absorb light on the reverse, and it's tough to catch them. Here's a photo in a darker setting where I tried to focus on the left side of the badge.

ORIGINAL POST:

Reposting separately. Sorry Ralph.

Hoping to get opinions on this that I think is an Schauerte & Höhfeld, that I also believe to be good. Interesting kind of rough cut edge around the top of the tank hatch, etc. It seems like I recall this maker did more hand work on their badges than others.

Last edited by rbminis; 09-21-2017 at 03:02 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & Hohfeld
    P
    Many

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & HohfeldPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & HohfeldPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & HohfeldPanzerkampfabzeichen in Silber-Schauerte & Hohfeld

I'm curious as yours matches up well to Nicola's. The detail on your badge seems to have less detail on the reverse however but I'm thinking it may be because of more or heavier silverwash was added or remains? For example the veins within the leaves look less detailed. Just an observation. Best regards.

Brian

Brian, thanks for posting that one. I hadn't seen it yet, and it certainly does compare well doesn't it? Couple of things that may explain the details on the one I've posted is that the photo isn't quite as in focus as Nicola's, and that one has more dirt and wear helping bring out the details whereas the one I posted has much of the frosting left and is shining more, which could be washing out some of the reverse details. The hardware matches well, the front looks the same down to the inspection of the dots in the wreath around the leaves, and near the top of the pin where it attaches, it looks like both have a speck of metal on them just below where it wraps around the hinge. I wonder if that's a detail of this variety of PAB? The look really comparable to me....

I do believe they compare well. You re right it would be nice to see more clear photos of the one you posted, the detail would show much better. I'm not sure about the speck on the pin? I think it may be the mark/divot where the pin was bent to encompass the hinge block. I think it's a good badge but as always the more opinions heard the better. Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

I think it compares well. There are a few details that hard to see that I would like to take a closer look on....unfortunately my PC is out of commission for a week so I can't really provide a much help right now
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Appears ok to me as well.I just think that the excessive wash is softening some of the features.

Well, I felt good enough about this one to buy it. It arrived yesterday and I wanted to post some updated images. Everything is in the original post.

A lovely badge in excellent condition. Congratulations on your acquisition! Best Regards.

Brian

That's a true beauty.
    Congrats!

HOW