Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!

Article about: I just picked up this one from a forum member.

Default Re: Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!

Thanks, Bill! I'll post my own photos once it arrives. I'll weigh it to be sure, too!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!
    P
    Many

If it's a fake, it's a Hell of a Great one! I definitely am with Ned on this one-I like it! Nice pick up, for sure!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks, William!

Ned, that is a sure beauty of a badge! I love PAB's but these S&L's are a favorite design of mine. The silver version of the massive zinker is quite difficult to find and is far more rare than its bronze counterpart.

Reproductions are said to be out there of this maker. Can anyone tell me if the reverse die-flaw is present on the fakes?

William Kramer

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Ned, that is a sure beauty of a badge! I love Panzerkampf Abzeichen's but these S&L's are a favorite design of mine. The silver version of the massive zinker is quite difficult to find and is far more rare than its bronze counterpart.

Reproductions are said to be out there of this maker. Can anyone tell me if the reverse die-flaw is present on the fakes?

William Kramer
    Hi William,

The die flaw you allude to is the half moon crescent above the hinge I imagine? That is certainly to be seen on the current Staegmeir/Hero fakes, but there are other faults with those badges that make them easy enough to spot if you know what to look for. I won't go into details here as these people troll these forums for such info to improve their bogus wares!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

On every single one of them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!  

Quote by big ned View Post
    I wish I owned it! I believe that this is not only an S&L Panzerkampf Abzeichen in Silber, it is the most desirable, and heaviest zinc badge they made, hence why it's called the 'Monster'!!

The set up is 100% right for it, what you need to do Joe is weigh it...accurately! If it's 40g+ it's real, the fakes are lighter.

If it is 40+, that's a damn fine catch my friend!
    The benefits of working on a college campus...

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!

The chemistry professor weighed it for me... lol. Yes, we did remember to tare the scale to cancel out the weight of the tray.

Quote by gizmo8z View Post
    the benefits of working on a college campus... :d

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!

the chemistry professor weighed it for me... Lol. Yes, we did remember to tare the scale to cancel out the weight of the tray. Cool militaria
    SHAMONE...!!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber FOR REVIEW!  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

lol... well said, Ned!

Here are some photos that I snapped just now... poor lighting...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3