Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Unmarked William Hobacher

Article about: by big ned An honest design type 5 Ralph, I like the rear set up of the block hinge and directly soldered on "?" shaped catch that may well indicate it's one of the early badges fr

Quote by big ned View Post
    An honest design type 5 Ralph, I like the rear set up of the block hinge and directly soldered on "?" shaped catch that may well indicate it's one of the early badges from this maker if one goes by the criteria that it matches other makers early initial hardware. Great photo's as usual!
    Thanks Ned!
    That is my understanding as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Unmarked William Hobacher
    P
    Many

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Stuff-all detail in the grass area, is that normal with this variant? Can't be wear as the rest of the detail looks crispy fresh.
    Hi Glenn,
    I believe that all of the Panzerkampf Abzeichen's produced by this maker have little detail in the grass area, similar to Frank & Reif Panzerkampf Abzeichen's
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph,

Now that I look at my F&B PAB you have a point, I concur.

Quote by glenn66 View Post
    hi ralph,

now that i look at my f&b panzerkampf abzeichen you have a point, i concur.
    f&r .
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-24-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Stuff-all detail in the grass area, is that normal with this variant? Can't be wear as the rest of the detail looks crispy fresh.
    Hi Glenn,

You make an interesting point, the type 5 design is a generic one where it's used by multiple makers and is noted for it's very plain grass foreground area. If you look at the Hobacher version above, it can be seen that this area has received a little more detail by the die cutter by the addition of several small grass blades compared to other users of the type, such as Souval, EWE, AWS, Orth and some other unknown makers. The exception to this was the small maker Rudolf Richter of Schlag bei Gablonz (RRS), who after their initial use of the standard type 5 foreground upgraded their dies grass foreground to a more complex one similar to that found on badges by A.S. and AS in Triangle. These are fairly rare, being found at a ratio of 1 for every 20 normal type 5's.

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber,  Unmarked William Hobacher

Above, a standard type 5 by RRS early on in production, and used by other makers including Hobacher, who slightly modified the foreground from this by adding a few extra grass blades. Here's a bronze Wilhelm Hobacher that shows the slightly different foreground quite well. The difference is slight, but it is there! Note the flaw on the eagles head, showing it's of later production.

And finally a close up of the modified type 5 from RRS with more attractive 'complex grass' foreground.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That's not an eagle...it's a parrot...and a blind one, at that,apparently....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

a great badge Ralph.as for the grass it maybe the difference between spring and winter when it was made.lol.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a great badge Ralph.as for the grass it maybe the difference between spring and winter when it was made.lol.
    Thank you Harry!
    Yea,,,, not likely.
    Ralph.

Congrats Ralph, she is lovely !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Congrats Ralph, she is lovely !

Nick
    Thanks Nick!
    Ralph.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast