Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.

Article about: A new addition to my PAB collection. It is referred to as the "oval crimp" manufactured by Wilhelm Deumer. This example has a lot of the frosting remaining on the obverse as well a

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.

A new addition to my PAB collection.
    It is referred to as the "oval crimp" manufactured by Wilhelm Deumer. This example has a lot of the frosting remaining on the obverse as well as the reverse. This one also has a replaced catch. These methods of fastening sometimes failed and were replaced. I believe this one actually left the factory with this repair. If you look closely at the photos of the catch, you can see some of the frosting on the catch plate. Although most has been worn away, there is some remaining. There is also a considerable amount of wear where the foot of the pin rests. All of the wear is in the correct places, in my opinion, to indicate that this one is a true veteran and was worn with pride.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.   Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silber, Wilhelm Deumer.
    P
    Many

Nice one Ralph - Great photography too.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice one Ralph - Great photography too.........!
    Thanks Steve!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice indeed!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great addition Ralph , a nice crisp example. Leon.

A nice find Ralph!

It's amazing when you look at these solid zinc Deumer badges how the design changed completely from the hollow back type. Compare the traditional Deumer design of my bronze hollow example compared to your solid below. The later solid design was clearly made by whoever designed the Wurster badges, look at the chunkier tracks, grass, wings and the eagles head alone, slightly different in design, but definitely related. There are other similarities also if you look.

The repaired catch is proven to have been a factory one beyond doubt. The catch crimping mechanism failed, and so they resorted to soldering on different flat based catches. One variant is a round catch plate, but yours is the unique rectangular one with rounded corners and a brass '?' shaped catch. This unique feature was also found on various Luftwaffe badges made by Deumer, and also on the 'Deformed Leaf' IAB by that same maker, this enabled the previously unknown maker of the 'Oval Crimp' PAB, as until then it was known, to be proven to be a Deumer made piece.

The condition of yours is fantastic, still a lot of frostiness and ranks alongside the best of this type i've seen yet. A cracking addition to your collection.

Regards, Ned.

The solid Deumer.

The hollow Deumer.

The Wurster design that your solid badge is related to.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

a beautiful badge Ralph,good pics to.

Nice find. The Eagle is one of the nicest IMO, congrats. Stewy

Thanks Ned!
    My example of a hollow Deumer and a hollow Wurster. Also my example of the oval crimp deformed leaf IAB.
    Ralph.
    The Deumer.
    The Wurster.
    The oval crimp deformed leaf. I would guess that the catch and plate on this could very well be the same as the one on my new PAB, so, likely from the factory.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a beautiful badge Ralph,good pics to.
    Thank you Harry!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Nice find. The Eagle is one of the nicest IMO, congrats. Stewy
    Thanks Stewy!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast