Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.

Article about: Hello to all, back from a show today and was wondering if I could get some opinions on this badge I purchased. The condition to me (no expert) appears excellent. I compared the badge to the

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.

Hello to all, back from a show today and was wondering if I could get some opinions on this badge I purchased. The condition to me (no expert) appears excellent. I compared the badge to the postings on this web site and just no sure about the maker's mark. Hardware look good. Thanks again

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.  

Last edited by War Medals; 05-12-2018 at 11:08 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.
    P
    Many

Looks like a good, thin maker marked, example John.
    I would say bronze with none of the finish left.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ralph, thank you for your fast response. I have seen many of the thicker R.S., so I questioned it. Also it is a maker that people say has fakes. Would you have an idea to when it was made?

Yours Truly
    John

It could well be a late war production.

Regards,
    MG.

Hi Ralph, you posted a response, that you felt ok with this PAB. I was wondering if you had any pics in your data base of it. I have spend some time to increase my basic knowledge of these badges. I have searched this boards posts and could not find a match. What I learned is that the R.S. badges with the larger maker marks have two flaws that confirm there originality. The 7 on the eagle wing and the left side added material between the wing and the swastika. I don't see these flaws on this particular badge. I am wondering if these flaws were corrected or I have a fake badge. I can always try to return the badge if fake. Thanks for any info you can give me.

Regards
    John

raz
    ?

Hi John, does it have the smile die flaw on the reverse from 4 to 8 o'clock ? A good photo of the eagle would help as would one of the complete reverse and hardware . From the pic's you show I believe I see the 7 flaw but a better picture would help . Maker mark looks ok for the 5.1.3. R.S. badge comparing to Debock's book .
    Raz

Hi Raz, posted some additional pics that will give more info on badge. A little better quality.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.  

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.  

raz
    ?

The catch should be the ? type on this late of award, no pictures of hinge, although , 5.1.1. and 5.1.2. had the round wire catch so ( could be using old stock ? ) 59.90mm H x 41.91mm w x 31.75gr weight in zinc . The flaws are visible and Ralph knows his PAB's very well .
    Raz

Badge measures 59.91 mm H x42.15 mm W. I don't have a digital scale, so no weight. I agree, Ralph does know his PAB's, he always posts excellent examples. I am always on the lookout for reference books on these badges but either very expensive or hard to find. I added some additional pics of hinge. Thanks for the info.

John

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.   Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.  

These photos borrowed from turbopanzer on WAF.
    Ralph.

Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.Panzerkampfabzeichen Silver Maker R.S.
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-10-2018 at 01:21 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast