Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked

Article about: I would like to have your opinion about this PAB, and if possible it's producer, Thank's

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked

I would like to have your opinion about this PAB, and if possible it's producer, Thank's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked  

Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked   Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-13-2014 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked
    P
    Many

?

Very similar to my flatback, but not the same. Sorry I can't help more.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked  
    Attached Images Attached Images Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver unmarked 

Indeed Jim it look's the same , whit the difference of the hollow mark on the back.

thank's for showing your PAB

Quote by bronkie View Post
    I would like to have your opinion about this PAB, and if possible it's producer, Thank's
    This one is referred to as the "small dish" flat back and the maker is unknown at this time as far as I am able to find out.
    Nice find, and one that I do not have as of yet.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thank's Ralph , indeed it seems to be a good but verry rare PAB

Quote by bronkie View Post
    thank's Ralph , indeed it seems to be a good but verry rare PAB
    I am not sure I would call it "very rare" just yet but, certainly not often encountered.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As said, it's the small dishback by a so far unknown maker. There are two other accepted types for this type 5 pattern badge, a large dishback and another that has non at all. But one thing they do have in common is an excess of material in a couple of places of the badge that show that there was a problem with the die. If you look closely,these are located on the right side arm of the swastika and in the triangular area between the turret armour and the chassis of the tank next to the loaders viewing port. The driving light rims are also more prominent than other type 5 badges, these details make the 'dishback' easy to spot at a single glance. The rear set up is one of a couple found, and is the commonest seen on these particular awards.

The badge is considered to be 'uncommon', and often has little or no finish left due to the cheap washes often used, but this example is a better example, and above the norm in having plenty of it's original finish left. A nice badge for any collection.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

thank's for the complete explanation Ned

?

Hello,
    Ned is correct, the mall dish-back is very uncommon (I have only encountered 4 or so in 40+ years). Neat badge.

Jody