Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabzeichen - Unmarked

Article about: My third pick up. A really minty PAB. Unmarked. It is quite heavy. And I think it is tomback but having a hard time as the reverse appears to be zinc especially with the hardware set up. But

MAP
    ?

Default Panzerkampfabzeichen - Unmarked

My third pick up.

A really minty PAB. Unmarked.

It is quite heavy. And I think it is tomback but having a hard time as the reverse appears to be zinc especially with the hardware set up. But I'm still learning these.

Have to go through my two volume reference book....sigh... to see if I can find a match.

But in the meantime, any ideas on the maker and authenticity?

Had a hard time getting crisp shots of the front due to glare.

Thanks!

Michael

Panzerkampfabzeichen - UnmarkedPanzerkampfabzeichen - UnmarkedPanzerkampfabzeichen - UnmarkedPanzerkampfabzeichen - UnmarkedPanzerkampfabzeichen - Unmarked
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichen - Unmarked
    P
    Many

Hello Michael,
    I will go with an original un-marked Frank & Reif.
    In very nice condition. These held their finish very well if not neglected.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

As Ralf says a F&R zinc. Possibly refinished. Still nice. Stewy

its a very nice one.

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys! Under a loop it doesn't look refinished but I'm a novice at this.

Assume it's a zincker?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm fairly sure the obverse has been refinished, it's too good. Although F&R's weren't bad for holding their finish compared with some zinc awards, this is too much of a contrast IMO. Stewy

MAP
    ?

Thanks Larboard. I only have a cell phone. I keep meaning to get a good camera but everytime I save up, some helmet or medal comes along. I could try with my wifes camera if I can find it.

This forum is not the place to discuss the finer details of photography. If you wish to do so, we have a section for that!
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/techn...ns-how-advice/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I don't want to get on Ralph's nerves here... ;-)

ISO and shutter speed are not the same thing but related. At the same EV, exposure value or just simply the intensity of the light, a lower ISO will cause the shutter to be open longer to make up for your "slow film speed" At 400 ISO or ASA they called it in the old days (I usually shoot at 200 for better resolution), the camera can shoot much faster eliminating blur. At 800, you can take nightshots and still be reasonably crisp.