Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Panzerkampfabzeichan bronze playback , I.d & authenticity?

Article about: Have a pending payment on a flat back in bronze. Any idess on maker and authenticity? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not well educated in this particular badge.

i did take a chance, it being the 4th of july im sure it will take awhile to process, should be be here this week. i will look it over and weigh it, id imagine aluminum is lighter than zinc. i think either way it will be nice but a cupal would be a treat. this is my first panzerkampfabzeichan. cant wait.
    happy independence day !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabzeichan bronze playback , I.d & authenticity?
    P
    Many

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    i did take a chance, it being the 4th of july im sure it will take awhile to process, should be be here this week. i will look it over and weigh it, id imagine aluminum is lighter than zinc. i think either way it will be nice but a cupal would be a treat. this is my first panzerkampfabzeichan. cant wait.
    happy independence day !
    If it is a plain old zincer, it's still a much nicer badge for a little more money than the unmarked F&R and the price is still very fair for a dealer. I await the outcome with bated breath.......

Oh yes, and about that independance thing, we don't really go in for that over here. I'm sure you'll understand.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I actually LOL'ed.
    Quote by big ned View Post
    Oh yes, and about that independance thing, we don't really go in for that over here. I'm sure you'll understand.

I really did not LOL. I know we won a war of independence against the British. But at least we came back for both world wars standing with the United Kingdom against Germany... I lost a few family members that helped to fight the good fight. The 4th of July over here is more about family rather than celebrating some BS war that happened 200 years ago

Anyhow heres some pictures. Seems to have all of the original bronze wash finish with wonderful chocolate patina. Zinc but still a keeper as condition is 99%
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabzeichan bronze playback , I.d & authenticity?   Panzerkampfabzeichan bronze playback , I.d & authenticity?  

Panzerkampfabzeichan bronze playback , I.d & authenticity?   Panzerkampfabzeichan bronze playback , I.d & authenticity?  

AIF
    ?

That sure does look a lot nicer in hand!

Anyhow heres some pictures. Seems to have all of the original bronze wash finish with wonderful chocolate patina. Zinc but still a keeper as condition is 99%
    Nice. I think there might have been a misunderstanding between us though. I thought you were going for the Assmann badge that was hopefully cupal and very desirable if so. Still, the unmarked F&R badge you've got is still a good example in great condition, so well done.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Wait... I was going for cupal. Let me look at the website again. Funny john vastine was just here in my state at a collectors show i just couldn't make it. I will grab the other as well .
    Argh

MAP
    ?

No..this is the unmarked zincer. The cupal is the one Ned showed. (or potential cupal). Very had to tell if not heavily worn...or in hand with a scale..

Check out the pair I picked up a year ago. You can see the copper showing through on the high points of the treads (bronze version). But the silver is in such perfect shape, there is no wear. But it weighs in exactly where a cupal should

2 Cupal Panzerkampfabzeichen
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

.... I will grab the other as well .
    Argh
    And? Did you get it?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3