Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"

Article about: Hi fellow collectors Just wanted to share my new badge . It´s my first PKAis. Have a bronze already . Hope you like it Is the maker of these known? Best regards Mike

Default Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"

Hi fellow collectors Just wanted to share my new badge . It´s my first PKAis. Have a bronze already . Hope you like it .
    Is the maker of these known? Thanks for looking

Best regards Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"   Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"  

Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"   Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"
    P
    Many

Catch is not original. Here's my silver daisy PKA. Stewy
    "Daisy" Panzerkampfabzeichen

S&H is one maker who has been linked to this PKA, but no-one has come up with a definitive maker association. Stewy

Hi . Many thanks steve . The badge will be sent back then. I don´t want a repaired badge. And your daisy is a killer badge !! Many thanks for the help . best regards Mike

Quote by Badto666 View Post
    Hi . Many thanks steve . The badge will be sent back then. I don´t want a repaired badge. And your daisy is a killer badge !! Many thanks for the help . best regards Mike
    Hold your horses. I think the catch may be original and not even repaired, it's just bent out of shape due to wear.

This is an early type 'A' Daisy that has the tombak round wire "C" shaped catch that is often found with the opening to the left. It should be sitting on a small circular baseplate that I think I can see, but we really need far better close up shots of the catch to be sure it's original.

Here's an example of what it originally looked like.

Panzerkampfabziechen im Silber "Daisy"

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Many thanks Ned . I have requested better pictures of the catch area. I wrote wrong a bit above . The badge was not in my hand yet , I managed to cancel the deal before the seller sent it to me. I have now requested better pictures of the catch . I hope it´s ok I liked the nice finish on the badge

/regards Mike

MAP
    ?

Agree with Ned on this. I'm a beginner on these but this type of catch looks very similar to the type A variety as Ned notes. It also has the die flaw on the front right track (all credit to Philippe De Bocks reference book )

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Agree with Ned on this. I'm a beginner on these but this type of catch looks very similar to the type A variety as Ned notes. It also has the die flaw on the front right track (all credit to Philippe De Bocks reference book )

Michael
    The stippling pattern between the wings and legs rather than the later type 'B' that has a diamond cross hatch pattern is also an at-a-glance identifier of the earlier badge.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

If your serious about collecting these badges Philippe ' s two volume set is a must have. I think they are out of print but you can buy brand new ones as well as used copies on Amazon.com or ebay. While they are not cheap, the cost of one wrong purchase will almost pay for it.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    If your serious about collecting these badges Philippe ' s two volume set is a must have. I think they are out of print but you can buy brand new ones as well as used copies on Amazon.com or ebay. While they are not cheap, the cost of one wrong purchase will almost pay for it.

M
    "You bin readin' my mail???"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast