Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerkampfabziechen in Silver

Article about: Hi Everyone, Been on the hunt for one of these for awhile now to grace the newly formed Normandy shelf. I went along to a local militaria swap meet here over the weekend and picked up this o

Default Panzerkampfabziechen in Silver

Hi Everyone,

Been on the hunt for one of these for awhile now to grace the newly formed Normandy shelf. I went along to a local militaria swap meet here over the weekend and picked up this one for a decent price. Its unmarked but I believe it to be the 'daisy' variant, am I right?. Its a zinc made badge that has lost the majority of its silver wash. Otherwise its a nice badge that sits well amongst the other items on the shelf. I also managed to pic up the collar tab skull that is sitting next to it but will post in another thread.

Regards
    Jason
    Panzerkampfabziechen in SilverPanzerkampfabziechen in SilverPanzerkampfabziechen in SilverPanzerkampfabziechen in SilverPanzerkampfabziechen in Silver

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerkampfabziechen in Silver
    P
    Many

Hello Jason,
    The photos are a little dark to tell for sure. If this is original, I believe it would be a first pattern "Daisy" according to Ned's information on my thread here. There are a few good photos to compare.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/panze...-daisy-231364/
    I also see a difference in the length of the pin and the catch location.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Jase,

I think the same as Ralph, it's a type 1, but better pic's are needed to be 100% sure. Is there a flaw line in the right hand track running down from the mudguard to the ground? This is seen on most type 1's as it started to appear early in production, but is not always there if the badge is a particularly early one.

Fakes of the 'Daisy' design are very good, but restricted to the type 2, and these can be spotted by the grainy markings that distort the right hand transmission panel and also a small blob on the left one. I show a highlight of this below for illustration only, as it's the best indicator of a fake 'Daisy' badge that is otherwise very hard to spot.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerkampfabziechen in Silver  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.