Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Guys, It's been a bit quiet on the PAB front here at WRF just lately, so I thought I would post this very rare early semi hollow grade IV (100) Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by C.E.Junck

I hope the wife doesent see this months statement......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

I need to start buying up some of these rarer badges before the price starts climbing too high and beyond my reach...

This strikes me as something similar to pushing up gold prices. I read somewhere that in terms of investment, items from the Third Reich era are solid. They hold their value or rise depending upon the item and condition of course. Since nobody will ever be able to dig a mine and make more of these it seems this kind of price inflation will occur more and more with rare items. NH

This is obviously an extreme aberration from the norm, as far as the market is concerned...The buyer will never be able to re-coup his investment on the market, let alone make a profit when/if he decides to resell, in my opinion...
    No denying that it's a beautiful award..
    cheers, Glenn

Glenn, You are probably correct - at least I hope this is an aberration. I would hate to see speculation suddenly result in a spike in TR collectible prices while I am still an active collector. I can say though that items I purchased have quadrupled in value over time. Wonder what they will be worth when I retire and scale down? : ) NH

madness absolute bloody madness

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Wonder what they will be worth when I retire and scale down? : ) NH
    Scale down??? Aren't you getting it buried with you like the rest of us Neil? ????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Money laundering via the Militaria market mate !!
    droped off my chair , is there a sound of truth in this

Quote by darrenj40 View Post
    I hope the wife doesent see this months statement......
    haaaaaaaaa come on you can afford another

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Guys,

It's been a bit quiet on the PAB front here at WRF just lately, so I thought I would post this very rare early semi hollow grade IV (100) Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by C.E.Juncker that was sold yesterday (12th December 2014) at the Hermann Historica Auction. This is I believe the first time this has occurred, certainly in recent years as these extremely rare badges seem to sell privately or by dealers to "VIP Members" before ever making it to an official update of their website stores.

The badge is the earlier of two grade IV types that were produced by Juncker, the main, but not only difference being that the securing rivets don't go completely through the badge to emerge on the obverse side as do the later ones.

After some frantic bidding (thought to have been between two Russian collectors), the hammer finally went down for a price of 34,000 Euro's which when the 23% auction fees were added totalled an eye watering 41,820 Euro's. (£33,163 or $52,122)

I'm finding it difficult to think of another award similar to this that has commanded such a high price without going into the realms of one off's or personality related ones. One thing that's for sure is that I'm going to need a bigger newspaper round to save enough money to get one like it.... God only knows what a rarer bronze one of the same type will go for if one ever turns up for auction in the future.

Regards, Ned.

Attachment 777160Attachment 777162
    thanks for this topic , funny i think a ss gorget went for same money a few years back , yet some sit on dealers sits way way cheaper , no rhyme or reason

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast