Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Guys, It's been a bit quiet on the PAB front here at WRF just lately, so I thought I would post this very rare early semi hollow grade IV (100) Panzerkampfabzeichen in silver by C.E.Junck

just mad is all i can say reading this

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.
    P
    Many

-- I'm actually not at all that surprised. My mentor, of whom specializes in Panzer, instilled in me just how rare these numbered badges are (25, 50, 75, 100). A 100 tank kill badge is truly a unicorn and virtually unseen! As the foremost rule in antique collecting "Something is worth only as much as someone is willing to pay for it," truly applies here. As much as I'd be tempted to get my hands on one, I would've sadly dropped out of the bidding at around the $20,000 USD range. I'm willing to pay higher than average prices for quality authentic stuff, but this is very rich for my blood indeed. Can't say I'm not jealous however, lol.

Quote by hawkins View Post
    droped off my chair , is there a sound of truth in this
    There is, as is said; "many a true word spoken in jest"

Any true collector is likely to fold long before this level (unless we are talking about super rich empty heads here!) and as was said above anyone paying this amount is most unlikely to ever get a return on the investment unles he lives well into the next century.

Another member above hinted at artificial price hiking and I must admit that my cynical nature does make me wonder if this item really did sell for that amount and I do hope the revenue men are paying attention

Whatever has happened here it can be no good for us mere mortal or "normal" collectors

Regards

Mark

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    There is, as is said; "many a true word spoken in jest"

Any true collector is likely to fold long before this level (unless we are talking about super rich empty heads here!) and as was said above anyone paying this amount is most unlikely to ever get a return on the investment unles he lives well into the next century.

Another member above hinted at artificial price hiking and I must admit that my cynical nature does make me wonder if this item really did sell for that amount and I do hope the revenue men are paying attention

Whatever has happened here it can be no good for us mere mortal or "normal" collectors

Regards

Mark
    Perhaps the case may be that if the 'collector' who bought it was indeed a wealthy Russian (Oligarch?) as was mooted at the time, then he might have been thinking about moving some of his money out of the failing rouble and into something else? Certainly, vast sums of money that were invested in that country's two sovereign wealth funds, and oil and gas interests that have crashed, have been moved into safer European stocks and foreign currency by such people.

Yet far smaller amounts have been used to purchase items of art and collectibles to have at hand as a quick source of cash should the need arise. Perhaps this is a very minor singular example of that monetarily wise? But who truly knows what other lots may have been picked up by the likes of him at that auction, and by many others as well at various types of high end sales across the world involving a plethora of different rare items etc. in recent months? This may be just a miniscule example of this current trend of spreading cash investments amongst Russia's elite businessmen that is gaining popularity.

The again may be not! Afterall, the sum of money involved here with this single badge could be described just as easily as peanuts to such a person!

Regards, Ned.
    Last edited by big ned; 12-27-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Another later Juncker Grade IV 100, this time in Bronze (rivets are aluminium, not tombak and go right through the road wheels). The bronze version is far rarer than the already rare silver version. Although the description suggests it may be unique, there are several known to be in private collections. Note the price difference compared to the earlier silver version sold by Frank as seen earlier in the thread.

This one is currently listed as available at 39,000 Euro's.

Home - Militaria Scholz

Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.Record Price For Grade IV 100 Panzerkampfabzeichen.

It would seem that Panzerkampfabzeichen's of this higher grade (75/100) are literally going through the roof price wise.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I like the 100, but i do not like to pay 39000euro for a piece of metal that in reality aint worth shait.

(Yes yes yes i am trying to convince myself it is a waste of money- but my brain is not listening. This is worse than heroin addiciton)

?

Hello,
    Personally I think it is ridiculous. It is a badge and simply that, and even if I hit the lottery I would not spend that type of money for something that if I needed to re-sale it, could not re-coup my initial investment. Yes, I have to treat this stuff as an investment. Whenever I buy anything I always ask myself if I can make my money back plus some profit if I have to re-sale it (if I can't I do not buy it). One thing I have learned after 42 years of collecting this stuff is that it pops up from time to time (maybe not badges like these, but again who cares).

As a school teacher and a parent I could do a lot more with $45,917.17 than buy some zinc badge that really does not have a real value, it is not solid gold nor contains preciosu stones or anything of that sort. To me it is like the old saying a fool and his money are soon departed. If I had that type of money to freely spend, I would set up scholarships and stuff of the like for students in need, help out my child with buying a home or tuition, or buy a another piece of property for my family, or invest it in my own retirement account (and enjoy my life than just stare at a zinc badge). Just my opinion.

Jody
    Last edited by Jody; 01-08-2015 at 05:10 PM.

This bronze badge is currently up on the WAF Estand for a mere $28,000 US. It's considered even rarer still than the silver 100 badge that started this thread. It does seem that prices are heading south though compared to what they have been going for recently, such are the vagaries of collecting TR era baubles and bling......

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

And for when that link dies:

Pab 100 - Page 3 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

It'll be interesting to see if it's snapped up as quickly as other more expensive examples have been.

Regards, Ned.

I'd be more gutted if I'd bought the other one Ned, with the Niemann COA. Stewy

Quote by big ned View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if it's snapped up as quickly as other more expensive examples have been.Regards, Ned.
    I offered him $500. We'll see what he says. *fingers crossed*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast