Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

A.S. Marked Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina

Article about: Gentleman, This AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen was acquired at our shop today mixed in with some general antiques from an estate in Ma. Despite all the research I have done on it, I am not c

Default A.S. Marked Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina

Gentlemen,

This AS marked Panzerkampfabzeichen was acquired at our shop today mixed in with some general antiques from an estate in Ma.

Despite all the research I have done on it, I am not certain about it being 100% authentic.

Any assistance & opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Richie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A.S. Marked  Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina   A.S. Marked  Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina  

A.S. Marked  Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina   A.S. Marked  Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A.S. Marked  Panzerkampfabzeichen With Strange Patina
    P
    Many

I keep looking & looking at this PKA. I think it's okay from the pics. These "AS in triangle" are hard work. Quality was poor IMO. A couple of things bug me about this particular PKA though. The flaw on the headlight & what appears to be a hollow on the reverse at about 11 o'clock 10mm above the catch. It could be the patina (which I have no problem with. I've seen similar patina on these). I keep thinking there was a Steigermeier fake with a similar mark. Stewy

It's a genuine type 3.3.2 from my chair. The detailed reverse image of the panzer in the scooped out back is unique to this type, as is the flat topped ball hinge compared to the other known variant types (3.3.1, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4) by this maker.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    It's a genuine type 3.3.2 from my chair. The detailed reverse image of the panzer in the scooped out back is unique to this type, as is the flat topped ball hinge compared to the other known variant types (3.3.1, 3.3.3 and 3.3.4) by this maker.

Regards, Ned.
    I agree with Ned.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I have to concur with my learned and esteemed friends, a fine original.

Many thanks to all for their valued assessments and for taking the time to do so.

Cheers,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!