Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Something you don't see every day....

Article about: Hi Folks, Here are a very rare matching pair of bronze and silver Panzerkampf Abzeichen's by Friedrich Orth. These rate as being one of the most desirable makers of Panzerkampf Abzeichen's d

Default Re: Something you don't see every day....

They look great together Ned.
    It is good to see her again

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Something you don't see every day....
    P
    Many

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    They look great together Ned.
    It is good to see her again

Eric
    Thanks Ez! You sure came good for me at a rough time in my life when you let me have this to make a pairing that i've never come across before, and that kindness means a lot to me.

Thanks again mate, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

You are most welcome my friend.
    I know it has a good home.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Wow these are great nice as always Ned

Nice pair Ned - if I can hazard a toolmakers hypothesis as to the reason behind the eagles head mark, sometimes when pieces are press cast or die struck, the part sticks in the wrong half of the die and one or more knock-out pins ( not quite the same as the ejector pin in an injection molding but does the same job ) are used to extract the piece without bending. To me, the eagles head may have been such an area ( if thin ) to get stuck and needful of a helping push?? ...... another theory maybe?
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Nice pair Ned - if I can hazard a toolmakers hypothesis as to the reason behind the eagles head mark, sometimes when pieces are press cast or die struck, the part sticks in the wrong half of the die and one or more knock-out pins ( not quite the same as the ejector pin in an injection molding but does the same job ) are used to extract the piece without bending. To me, the eagles head may have been such an area ( if thin ) to get stuck and needful of a helping push?? ...... another theory maybe?
    Cheers, Dan
    Possible I suppose Dan, the type 5 is well known for the poor design of the eagles head that makes it lack detail and it appears smaller than on the other 4 types of standard PAB. Generally speaking the beak of the bird is more 'pointed' on Orth type 5's than other makers of the type and perhaps this may have some relevance to what you suggest regarding the removal of the stamping from the die.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Congratulations Ned!
    A great pair of Panzerkampf Abzeichen's. So far, I do not have any Orth Infanterie Sturmabzeichen's or Panzerkampf Abzeichen's, but they are on my list.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Ned, please how much weight PKA Friedrich Orth? I want to buy one PKA f.o. and its weight is 29-30 g. Right? Thank you!

Quote by zdenislav View Post
    Hi Ned, please how much weight PKA Friedrich Orth? I want to buy one PKA f.o. and its weight is 29-30 g. Right? Thank you!
    Hi there mate,

The weight is between those numbers give or take a fraction, but you really do need to be sure that the badge is a good one by examining it closely in other aspects as these are heavily faked, and to a high standard, due to the rarity value. If you can get good straight on pics front and back and post them in a new thread for evaluation you will get a positive yes or no as to it's originality or not, whatever the case may be.

Regards, Ned.

Default Friedrich Orth

Something you don't see every day....Something you don't see every day....Something you don't see every day....Something you don't see every day....Something you don't see every day....Of course, I examined the badge. To me, this is the original. Just by weight assured me.
    If you do not want to disclose the number, send it to me PM. Thank you. Zdenek

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast