Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver

Article about: Hi guys, Could I please get your opinions on this badge? Thanks, Mo

Default Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver

Hi guys,

Could I please get your opinions on this badge?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver   Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver  

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver   Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver
    P
    Many

Hello Mo,
    It appears to be an unmarked Rudolph Souval but I am not sure they made them unmarked.
    I am pretty sure it is a good one though.
    Best wait for Ned.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It does have the RS '7' flaw on the right wing but as to being unmarked...now that is a mystery.

imo its a good one.

Something's not right with this badge. As said it appears to be a Souval, but IF it is genuine it's been messed with. Take a careful look where the makers mark SHOULD be, but in my highlighted pic you can see that there is a slight depression/flat spot where it seems to have been filed out. The whole badge has then been spray painted to cover this, note the catch plate, hinge and pin are all the exactly the same colour as the rest of the badge, even the point where the wire of the pins foot has been snipped off, this you never see on a straight Souval badge, the parts are generally tombak, and unpainted.

Perhaps someone at sometime had thought it might be a '57 repro and set about it in a misguided attempt to confuse people?? There may be other reasons for all I know. I'm certain it's not another type V design that's unmarked like the Rettemaier Flat Back, "Rocky" type, "Scooped Flat Back" etc., and I also don't think it's a known fake, just a genuine badge that's been messed with and thus killed from a collecting point of view.

These are just my thought and are certainly open to question, but as it stands that's my opinion on this badge.

Regards, Ned.

Unmarked Panzerkampfabzeichen in Silver

EDIT: The pictures of the hardware that have since been added to the initial post show that by the round wire '?' shaped catch being present this was an example of the "Thin Maker Mark" badge rather than the earlier "Broad Maker Mark" badge and was known as the type 5.1.3.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks so much guys! I will pass on this one.

Just to clarify, did RS make unmarked badges?

As far as is known.... No.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm with Ned on this one, but for me the hinge plate looks odd as does the recess for the catch. Something is "off" with this one. Or it's a new variant, but I think not . Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I'm with Ned on this one, but for me the hinge plate looks odd as does the recess for the catch. Something is "off" with this one. Or it's a new variant, but I think not . Stewy
    Hi Stewy,

That's exactly what was bugging me, but I put it down to the paint. Both certainly look "weaker" than I initially expected so to speak. Then again, looking at the close ups of the hardware, they do appear thickly coated with paint in my opinion. Whatever, it's a no-no.

Regards, Ned.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Whatever, it's a no-no.

Regards, Ned.
    Agreed!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast