Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac

Article about: I have been trying to find a match to this assault badge but been having no success. I feel the badge is real, hardware looks ok. What I see is a shallow stamped badge with really no detail

Hi Ralph, I noticed the swastika and also the claws on the back of the badge. I thought that would be a good way to match badge up. I searched a couple hours with no luck today. I have three months before the show where I purchased it to return it. I was talking to a old gun guy who had purchased 30 German medals in an estate auction. He was after the guns but had to also take the medals. He told me only 4 were real out of thirty. It still is a fun hobby, a lot of reading though.

Thanks for your valued opinion.
    John

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ralph: I'm not comfortable either. Or shall I say, I'm not comfortable making a call but I do think it a Karneth design. The hinge (from what I can see, is also similar to this version of the Karneth.
    Okay, following up on this angle, it is a known fake of a hollow Karneth badge, exactly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Okay, following up on this angle, it is a known fake of a hollow Karneth badge, exactly.
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. Good to know.

As I noted, it looked like a Karneth design but I wasn't comfortable given all the other mumbo jumbo going on.

I just was not aware of an already known fake like this. Still cutting my teeth. So I need to put this one in the memory bank.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP the smart bugger that he is was picking up exactly what I was putting down in regards to the reverse hardware. IMO this badge matches the obverse rather well, it too is unmarked however, and is probably early to midwar production as it's quality is much better in construction and detail. I would attribute the rather crude reverse of the OP's badge to potentially very worn dies and as I said I think a very late war badge. Pics for comparison.

Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked TombacAllgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked TombacAllgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked TombacAllgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac
    Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked TombacAllgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac

WW2 German General Assault silver badge - Germanrings
    Last edited by bsiwula1; 10-25-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Ralph, so in your opinion you think the badge is a fake. If it is a fake there should be some copies or knowledge to the fact that it is indeed that. I have looked over many web sites and still have not found a match. I have found this badge to be non magnetic, so I am thinking aluminium, some were made from that material. Another fact about the badge is you can not bend it, another good sign. There are some die flaws which are clues to also make a decision on the authenticity of badge. I am headed to a big militaria show in December will show badge to the dealers there.
    John

Hi Ralph, I was looking thru some of the old posts relating to fake Allgemeines Strumabzeichens. There is a post on 5/3/15 made by reneblacky trying to verify a badge. Big Ned posted some pics of what to look for on the fakes. The fake tell he was looking at is on the reverse side of the feathers. Attaching his pics. My badge also has this fake tell.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac   Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac  

I am not really studied up on GAB's but if what Michael has stated that this is a Karneth design is true, then this is a known fake as none of the Karneth examples that I can access show the impression of the swastika on the reverse.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Ralph, I was looking thru some of the old posts relating to fake Allgemeines Strumabzeichens. There is a post on 5/3/15 made by reneblacky trying to verify a badge. Big Ned posted some pics of what to look for on the fakes. The fake tell he was looking at is on the reverse side of the feathers. Attaching his pics. My badge also has this fake tell.

John
    And that is why researching examples in this forum is so valuable. So now we have the answer.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by War Medals View Post

John
    Another tell on the example that Ned was talking about is the fact that JFS never made any GAB other than the numbered ones.
    Notice, no maker mark on the other one.
    Ralph.

Hi Ralph, I was at a show today and brought this badge with me for opinions. I showed it to several of the German dealers. Everyone gave me the same answer, it is a good one, late war, zinc, not seen much variant. The group that I showed it have always told me when I picked up a fake. So with all these dealers looking at it in hand, I will have to say badge is real.

Regards John

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast