Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac

Article about: I have been trying to find a match to this assault badge but been having no success. I feel the badge is real, hardware looks ok. What I see is a shallow stamped badge with really no detail

Quote by War Medals View Post
    Hi Ralph, I was at a show today and brought this badge with me for opinions. I showed it to several of the German dealers. Everyone gave me the same answer, it is a good one, late war, zinc, not seen much variant. The group that I showed it have always told me when I picked up a fake. So with all these dealers looking at it in hand, I will have to say badge is real.

Regards John
    As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters.
    Were they able to tell you who the maker was?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac
    P
    Many

?

I have been trying to find a match to this assault badge but been having no success. I feel the badge is real, hardware looks ok. What I see is a shallow stamped badge with really no detail on the back. Could this be a not often seen variant.
    Make good light photo obverse and reverse at right angles, detailed photos of the hook and hinge with a closed and open pin.

Hi Ralph, I am going to this same show in February, I will see if I can get the name of the maker from a couple of the trusted dealers. Shows was nuts in December, people three deep in isle. Sorry for not responding sooner, I thought post was at the end.

I was trying to view your PAB data base but could not, wondering if possible

Regards,

John

MAP
    ?

Hi Ralph, I am going to this same show in February, I will see if I can get the name of the maker from a couple of the trusted dealers. Shows was nuts in December, people three deep in isle. Sorry for not responding sooner, I thought post was at the end.

I was trying to view your PAB data base but could not, wondering if possible

Regards,

John
    You need to be a Gold Club member to view the database (only $25 a year )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    You need to be a Gold Club member to view the database (only $25 a year )
    Michael is correct, it is a small fee to help support this forum and keep it running.
    The PAB data base is not very extensive yet, but it is a work in progress.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I am adding some new pics today of this badge I took with a new camera. The pics were taken in natural light for a better look and feel for the badge. I have spent many hours searching this board and also Wehrmacht-Awards to find a match. Today on the Wehrmacht I found the closest match to date. I also am including this very close match in this posting. I am still not sure that my badge is a fake. In doing my research I noticed that the PAB is not a badge that is faked a lot. Opinions are always welcomed. Thank you all for them.

John

Possible match is first pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac   Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac  

Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac   Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac  

Allgemeines Strumabzeichen Silver Hollow Unmarked Tombac  
    Last edited by War Medals; 12-12-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3