Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: What about this one? (pin missing)

?

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

William, the badge was called before the new photos appeared.

You saw the badge before the new images and didn't say anything about your doubts so it could be said that as part of the forum, if you are so shocked and feel so strongly about it you could've mentioned something sooner - but you didn't.

In fact I'm shocked that as you are so convinced now about it being fake and resort to the colourful way you made your point, you didn't voice doubts but instead simply asked for more photos without raising any concerns.

Please don't start using large and colourful fonts to disagree and make your point. One person had said the badge was good after the new photos and two other people before that based upon the images we see before us so your condemnation of the forum as a whole is not particularly well received.

Please make your point and demonstrate it in normal font and colour.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

Will do.

THREE participants of the thread deemed it to be an authentic badge, which clearly it is NOT. I would hate for somebody to click into the thread as reference and see that members thought it was authentic.
    .....if only there were a way to make it a little more obvious it is not without using all capital letters.

At what point could I determine the badge was a reproduction based on the original photographs that were posted? I certainly didn't want to make a statement in regards to the authenticity of a badge without prior asking for additional images.

Do you feel that the badge is authentic after the images were posted? Please state your opinion rather than simply "like" the photographs of the hinge.

William Kramer

?

William,

Three members of the forum thought the badge was good based upon the first images. Myself, János and Harry.

Only one of us had responded after the pics of the hinge were put up. My reason for 'liking' the post, not necessarily the images and my 'like' should not be taken that it is some sort of seal of approval, was because the poster had actually bothered to take further photos and post them as per a request. I see my 'like' as an encouragement because not all members do get further pics when asked.

You may not have been able to determine the authenticity of the badge on the first images which is why you asked for more but the way in which you responded today made it seem that it was an obvious fake right from the start in which case you made no hint of your concerns which you could've done as an explanation for your request for more images.

If you have concerns, make them clear at the very start and do not come back with a post condemning 'the forum' for not saying so sooner. You have the concerns, you state them.

After seeing the new images I agree, the badge should not have a cast hinge which I could've been pointed out politely in normal font and not have to use bright colours.

I stated my reasons for 'liking' the photos above but I will make it absolutely clear that I will not be explaining my preferences or reasons for 'liking' something again.

Don't mistake this forum for another. The behaviour and attitudes on other forums will not be brought here. You state your case in a polite and grown up manner and I will not tolerate any 'diva' esque posts.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    After seeing the new images I agree, the badge should not have a cast hinge which I could've been pointed out politely in normal font and not have to use bright colours.

I stated my reasons for 'liking' the photos above but I will make it absolutely clear that I will not be explaining my preferences or reasons for 'liking' something again.
    Ok, it just seemed odd that you didn't post immediately that the badge was indeed a reproduction after seeing the new images, but instead choose to do so 48 hours after thew new images had been posted.

Getting back to the actual topic, I would recommend this book to any collector to help as a reference.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.  

Hi

Perhaps this thread should be closed, now it has been confirmed this badge is fake. As it could just lead to bickering and as Adrian has pointed out it is not what this forum is about.

Cameron

Quote by BonzaiCam View Post
    Hi

Perhaps this thread should be closed, now it has been confirmed this badge is fake. As it could just lead to bickering and as Adrian has pointed out it is not what this forum is about.

Cameron
    No Cam, that's censorship. Robust disscussion is good for the forum, as long as it is done in a reasonable manner, as I'm sure both Adrian and William will agree. Nobody died here.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    No Cam, that's censorship. Robust disscussion is good for the forum, as long as it is done in a reasonable manner, as I'm sure both Adrian and William will agree. Nobody died here.

Ned.
    Absolutely. The only thing I would have preferred is if forum staff had something to say about my posting preferences it would be done via PM rather than hijacking the thread and taking away from the badge - as I'm fairly sure we wouldn't want this forum to turn into bad and public personal attacks.

William Kramer

?

Correct, no-one died and the discussion can continue now the forum staff have pointed out that posts are to be made in a grown up and friendly manner.

This has been pointed out on the open forum for the benefit of all to read. Think before you type.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2