Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"

Article about: Hello everyone! I am new here,and since it is my first post/thread i wanted to say hi.Regarding this "25",what could you tell me about it? A good one? Thanks in advance.

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"

Hello everyone! I am new here,and since it is my first post/thread i wanted to say hi.Regarding this "25",what could you tell me about it? A good one? Thanks in advance.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"
    P
    Many

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"

Hi and welcome.

I like the badge.Is looking good imo.

Regards
    Joe

Me too. Hinge, pin and catch are correct for this maker and the crimping is good. The bubbling on the reverse is typical, like champagne bubbles or salt grains rather than the larger, more spaced ones on the fakes, they never get this right.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hello thanks for your replies,but just one more question guys.What do you think about this "copper shade" near the catch.Is it normal for this maker or was it somehow repaired ?? Any suggestions?

We need a close and sharp pic of the catch.

?

Here you go...

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen 25 "RK"

The zinc badge was often copper coated before it was plated, it made the adherence greater and also helped to stop absorption of the finish into the zinc, it may be that you can see.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

This is what concerns me. Why is it present only near catch ? You may be right Ned and it makes sense,but have you seen this on other "25" badges ?

Not easy to spot.But the catch itself is looking fine and original.I can understand you,that you a bit concerns about that.But not all badges have has the same production standards and sometimes a badge had a rework in the factory.I think this badge have no private repair on the catch.

And the reason that Ned said is also possible.

I have seen similar on grade II numbered Panzerkampf Abzeichen, but the copper has generally corroded to a green coloured oxide like verdigris. I think this may be due to the corrosive effect of soldering flux used at that time. Also, as Joe says, it may be it was reworked in the factory, I wouldn't worry too much about it personally.

Regards, Ned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast