Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: Hi there, Here is a pin that was among my grandfather-in-law's possession. I am interested in who would received one and why? Any information on this would be much appreciated. Thank you to

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Hi there,

Here is a pin that was among my grandfather-in-law's possession. I am interested in who would received one and why?

Any information on this would be much appreciated. Thank you to everyone who has been so helpful thus far!

Thanks,

Michael
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-19-2019 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

?

Hello, General Assault Badge ( GAB ) I believe, reverse pics may be needed to validate authenticity, but the fella's here are really good at rooting out bad ones just by looking at the front.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hi there,

Here is the reverse. Thanks!

As already stated, a General Assault badge. Here's an informative link that you'll find useful: General Assault Badge

And here's one of my own, for comparison's sake. This one is a hollow-backed example, and made from tombak rather than zinc, but it is the same award type.

Regards, B.B.

I have renamed your thread and moved it to the correct section of the forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Looks like a zinc type 1.27.3 (as attributed by Frank Heukmemes in his book).

As far as I know it is by an unknown maker (or at least not yet attributed to anyone yet). You typically see these with large amounts of solder on the left opening catch.

A very nice example with what appears to be some of the silver wash still remaining
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Looks like a zinc type 1.27.3 (as attributed by Frank Heukmemes in his book).

As far as I know it is by an unknown maker (or at least not yet attributed to anyone yet). You typically see these with large amounts of solder on the left opening catch.

A very nice example with what appears to be some of the silver wash still remaining
    I would agree with Michael on this as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)