Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" Genuine?

Article about: Hi guys I'm new to this forum and was wondering if you could take a look at this badge and let me know its you think its a real of a fake. Also if its genuine, the value of it? Thanks

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nattster.

So the verdict is in.....To quote Ned: "It's a superb original!"

So congratulations! Take care of this and keep it safe from "sticky finger". But at the same enjoy it!

I have a nice big safe I could always store it in for safe keeping....just sayin'....LoL
    Great work M. !!!

I appreciate (though not my badge) you going the "extra mile" to vet this badge. That's what it is all about !! Great job

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" Genuine?
    P
    Many

Quote by Nattster View Post
    One last question: Does anyone know a ballpark value for this?
    Like I said, in to 5 figures. Maybe Michael could run that by Ned? You would want to adjust your insurance to include the item for sure.
    nick

Awesome thanks HoundsTooth . I will definitely be checking out that insurance.

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Great work M. !!!

I appreciate (though not my badge) you going the "extra mile" to vet this badge. That's what it is all about !! Great job
    It was my pleasure and you do the same as well as others here. It's what sets us apart Plus I'm waiting for Nattster to send me the award for safekeeping

Well that's amazing news. Thanks to everyone that gave their opinions. One last question: Does anyone know a ballpark value for this?

Also looks like its time to head down to thee shops and find a way to properly display this beauty.
    Nattster: As a rule we don't provide valuations (many valid reasons ) but in this case I think it is wise that we do provide some advice given what you have and how hard it would be to search for an example to compare to on dealer websites. So...a full on dealer price of this award would expected to be roughly $10K. Collector to collector price would be lower. And auction prices are subject to the people in the audience. As far as insurance value, I don't know but expect it would be higher as typical.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Great work M. !!!

I agree. Awesome job Michael and to Ned for the confirmation on this unique award.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    I agree. Awesome job Michael and to Ned for the confirmation on this unique award.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Ned as usual was kind and gracious to offer his advice and services with his typical humor thrown in! Sorely missed of course!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

Great work Michael, as always. Please send Ned our grateful Thanks and tell him he is sorely missed.

Well thank you again very much Michael for all the amazing advice and for involving the expertise of Ned. This was one hell of a inheritance that was just part of an old tin full of rusty coins and other British badges. I also appreciate you bent the valuation rules a little for me since I really didn't know where to look for others to compare. I don't intend to sell if however if it every does come to that i'll pop back here first . Gotta say amazing community here.

Thanks everyone

MAP
    ?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Great work Michael, as always. Please send Ned our grateful Thanks and tell him he is sorely missed.
    I do often Chris! But will again!

Well thank you again very much Michael for all the amazing advice and for involving the expertise of Ned. This was one hell of a inheritance that was just part of an old tin full of rusty coins and other British badges. I also appreciate you bent the valuation rules a little for me since I really didn't know where to look for others to compare. I don't intend to sell if however if it every does come to that i'll pop back here first . Gotta say amazing community here.

Thanks everyone
    We enjoyed this as much as you. No thanks necessary.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Well made but, a fake I'm afraid. The numbers in the date box are incorrect, the claws don't look right and if you look at the pommel of the bayonet, there is an extra bolt/rivet on the handle. The 25 has one, the 50 has one, the 100 has one but the 75 does not.
    Ralph.
    Ralph, I'm confused by this. I looked at several of these, including big Neds and see three bolt/rivets on every example? Am I looking at the wrong detail?

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen "75" Genuine?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast