Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?

Article about: What's the opinion on this one guys? Authentic? Never been a collector of medals and awards so need a bit of help. Thanks elof

?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?

What's the opinion on this one guys?
    Authentic? Never been a collector of medals and awards so need a bit of help.

Thanks

elof
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-08-2015 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?
    P
    Many

Hi Mate,

Hard to say on the strength of these pic's. These particular F&R badges are heavily faked to a good standard in many cases so straight on focussed shots of the entire badge front and rear clearly showing the hardware details are required to come to a definitive answer as these pictures aren't good enough to do that.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thanks for reply Ned. I will take some more photos to include the whole badge front and back.

?

Hinge and catch need to be included in the photos as well.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by elof View Post
    Thanks for reply Ned. I will take some more photos to include the whole badge front and back.
    Thanks. Meanwhile perhaps this will help.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?

Hardware: The sheet metal hinge should have an oval base, and the catch should be a '?' shape sitting on a small round base. As far as I know there should be no variations on this set up.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Frank & Reif?

Hi elof,

Well no problems there, it's a good textbook example! Being semi hollow it's also the hardest one to find by F&R and is considered rather uncommon, so all in all a great result. Thanks for showing it.

Regards, Ned.

?

Thanks Ned , had an EK in the same batch which has turned out to be bad so at least some good news :-)

Cheers again

elof

agree with Ned.