Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?

Article about: Hello, I'm quite new in collecting and got this GAB and some other stuff new. Can you tell me if its good or a fake? I not sure if keeping or selling it if its good. How much is the value? -

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?

Hello, I'm quite new in collecting and got this GAB and some other stuff new. Can you tell me if its good or a fake? I not sure if keeping or selling it if its good. How much is the value? - 50 € maybe?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?  
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-29-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen good?
    P
    Many

thats a very nice detailed badge

Thanks Harry,

so it is original? Which Maker is this? Havent find anything

The badge is good. As for how much it is worth depends on a lot of factors, how much you paid for it etc. Pricing is a dodgy wicket. Demand plays a big part. And whether you are selling to a dealer or private. Only you know how much you want to sell it for. Stewy

Research is fun. Try it, you may enjoy it. Stewy

Thanks Stewy!

Yes just got it together with 2 IABs as well, maybe I can post later... price was very less - but of cause because I was not sure about its originality

Quote by Eaglehead View Post
    Thanks Stewy!

Yes just got it together with 2 IABs as well, maybe I can post later... price was very less - but of cause because I was not sure about its originality
    Please do post your ISA's. I would like to see them and endeavour to help you. Stewy

Quote by Eaglehead View Post
    Thanks Stewy!

Please post them separately in their own threads.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Thanks,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Without a better shot of the hinge I would say your ASA is a BH Mayer 1.12.2 tombak. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Without a better shot of the hinge I would say your ASA is a BH Mayer 1.12.2 tombak. Stewy
    Hi Stewy,

These badges were attributed as Mayer 1.12.2 tombak pieces until earlier this year when it was discovered, or rather confirmed (it was long suspected), that they were actually made by Otto Schickle (LDO L/15) up until June 1941 when the company was forced to stop producing or selling their 3rd Reich awards and badges. All of the stock was consigned to be sold by the LDO who supervised this. The buyer was the firm of B.H.Mayer (LDO L/18), who proceeded to stamp many of the badges and awards with their L/18 mark. Indeed, there are some Spanienkreuz's out there that have both the L/15 AND L/18 marks! Mayer also bought up the entire stock of Petz & Lorenz production when that company was also closed, and on some occasions their badges and awards are found also stamped L/18.

So in this case, the badge above is likely a pre mid 1941 Schickle made badge sold under their own name, but later on all their awards and badges was probably better described as "distributed" by B.H.Mayer, the new owner of the stock.

Sorry it's a bit complicated old pal!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast