Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.

Article about: Yes this badge has snapped, and was glued back together, but it was free. Can anyone help I'd this maker. I was thinking tombak hymmen & co. Because of the shape of leaves. The odd thing

Quote by lammy View Post
    At only 13.98 grams I'm betting its cupal
    I don't generally resort to weighing my badges but, if it is light, I would bet it is zinc.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen hymmen and co.
    P
    Many

?

You can see a greenish/gray coating. Best seen on the wings. Tiny specks of silver peeping through..

?

It's a subdued coating, and its removable. Just tried a tiny area on the side. Specks can be removed revealing silver finish.

?

It's as though it wasnt brushed/ cleaned of after being made. If removed I think there would be a pristine silver and detailed finish.

- - ------- - -

Which I'm not going to do. Because I think this was done for a reason.

?

Just did a google search for Hohlprägung sturmabzeichen and found lots of similar badges

MAP
    ?

Interesting. On my cell phone so will defer to others but it does look like something may have been painted/coated over the badge.

Or it could just be the photos....and I'm seeing something that is not there.

Waiting for better pictures...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I'm thinking lots of badges, had this anti reflective paint scrapped off. Leaving silver tombac hollow badges. Don't forget these where combat awards, equivalent to the infanterie sturmabzeichen. There was no gold,silver or bronze grade. Possibly just awarded in the field, maybe that's why, they are so light too. 11-12 grams without the paint and approx 14 grams with.

I also see that this badge has been broken and glued back together again, maybe it was painted at that time.
    Also, why would they coat the whole reverse except for where the hinge and catch are attached, and the hardware?
    Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast