Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen:OK?

Article about: Hi guys , am i right in thinking this is ok ? i have agreed to buy this with a couple of other bits but at moment this is the only pics i have, cheers Dave

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen:OK?

Hi Dave, I must admit I like it better now having seen the new pics: but it is a real odd one.

Has anyone got Frank H's book on this badge to check to see if it is a known pattern?

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen:OK?
    P
    Many

Nothing matches it Ade. Stewy S

?

the seller just cant believe the gabs bad and says its been in his mothers draw for years and years with the other two,and if it is doesnt know how it got there,im that happy with the other two i told him to keep the full payment i must be getting soft in my old age rgds Dave

?

just had confirmation that the gab is origional and by an unknown maker so it all turned out good in the end, rgds Dave

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    just had confirmation that the gab is origional and by an unknown maker so it all turned out good in the end, rgds Dave
    Dave,which unknown maker? Stewy S

?

the unknown makers unknown i put it on waf and was told its a good one cheers Dave

Dave,i think your GAB's an unknown maker #7. But with a rectangular catch plate,more common with unknown maker #8. They're different dies but are tied somehow by the hardware. Whether it be the same sub-contractor or a transitional piece. Sorry for my sceptism,another variant. Stewy S

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    the unknown makers unknown i put it on waf and was told its a good one cheers Dave

How can it be Orginal if the maker is unknown, and there is no material about the maker, how can it then be call orginal??? I don't understand that!!! how then determine it orginal??

just a question

Many badges and awards are not maker marked. So they remain as "Unknown makers". However, many companies used the same identical hardwear (Pins, hinges and catches) on their badges. This can help determine if a badge is original or not.

Over the past 10 years many badges which were once "unknowns" have been tied down to certain makers, even though they are unmarked. A lot of good dectivtive work has been done.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Nordland/Danmark View Post
    How can it be Orginal if the maker is unknown, and there is no material about the maker, how can it then be call orginal??? I don't understand that!!! ho then determine it orginal??
    just a question
    Thomas,it can be an accepted maker that didn't mark their awards. Things like a variant such as this narrow the permations of makers. Stewy S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast