Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Old Fake

Article about: G'day all, here's one that had controversy in past times

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Old Fake

G'day all,

here's one that had controversy in past times
    Last edited by rbminis; 05-03-2015 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Eedited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Old Fake
    P
    Many

Hi there, these are still considered fake. Stewy

I dislike how my title on this thread has been re named, I don't understand German!----- General Assault badge

Hi to all many years ago I was a bowling green keeper and most of the bowlers were much older people and I acquired a few german bits including the badge above . I know these badges are considered fake now but I would wonder why the faker went to so much trouble in pining the hook and pin ? and also the quality is consistently high in each badge .many dealers I have spoken to recon these badges are war time struck but not issued ? Interesting ,does anyone have anything to add ? as I am completly lost on this one thanks Galvout

The badge design is a copy of an unknown maker that is accepted as original and period being known as the 'Four Rivet Type 1.27.1'. The spurious JFS markings really don't do it any favours, but other than that it's not a bad copy.

The dangerous ones are the unmarked fakes, but the double ringed rivets on the bayonet grip are a noticeable at-a-glance difference when compared with originals, as is the hollow 'pin' feathers on the reverse as I show below, on the genuine badge they are solid.

It should be noted that the same fake design is used to copy the rare 'Assmann Screw Back' GAB as well.

Genuine badge grip rivets detail

Fake badge grip rivets detail

Genuine badge reverse wing feather detail

Fake badge reverse wing feather detail

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I dislike how my title on this thread has been re named, I don't understand German!----- General Assault badge
    A small price to pay for Ned's invaluable info. Stewy

well ! I keep learning ------- So when did this badge first come onto the market ? -------Thanks Ned for your quick response ----- and stewy may I see you at NCFC next season? all the best galvout

Quote by galvout View Post
    well ! I keep learning ------- So when did this badge first come onto the market ? -------Thanks Ned for your quick response ----- and stewy may I see you at NCFC next season? all the best galvout
    You may do as I love footie. But I'm a Charlton athletic fan. Stewy

Quote by galvout View Post
    The same design Assmann screw back copy I referred to in my previous post was first noted in the late 70's-early 80's so it's not too much of a stretch to imagine the JFS fake GAB appeared at the same time, much the same as happens today when arch faker Carsten Staegemeir brings out various different maker marked/unmarked badges all from the same design mould.

Regards, Ned.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    You may do as I love footie. But I'm a Charlton athletic fan. Stewy
    Dynamo Kebab for me....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast