Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help

Article about: No markings anywhere and has been repaired , is it zinc? Thanks guys.

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help

No markings anywhere and has been repaired , is it zinc? Thanks guys.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help  
    Last edited by rbminis; 08-02-2014 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Please Help
    P
    Many

It's zinc. But better pics are still needed for a positive ID. Stewy

Thanks, will add some shortly

The really crappy pic's don't help a lot when trying to give an opinion on this one, it would be appreciated if you could try a little harder if you want folks to put their balls on the line trying to help you out here by attempting to do this.

Rant over.

It looks to me as it MAY WELL BE a rather rarer type by an unknown maker (#14) that is renowned for being one of the heaviest made at around 36g in weight. The badge would have had a recessed catch in a slot, but this has been repaired and covered over, there are no known variants to this particular badge, which I think is a referred to as a 1.31.1 type. Better pic's are needed to confirm if this is certainly the case.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

just posted more pics guys

looks good to me.

I stick with my original opinion, it's a rather rare badge but too bad about the repaired catch.

Pic's are much better.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

My opinion is it's good. It had a field repair on the catch(which, apparently, did Not keep it from getting broken again) but it's genuine. The repair and damage does affect it's value quite considerably, though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by big ned View Post
    I stick with my original opinion, it's a rather rare badge but too bad about the repaired catch.

Pic's are much better.
    Make you right mate. Stewy