Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified production

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Let me share with you recent acquisition of mine - General Assault Badge by RS. Obviously, that it is post war production. However the badge is completely different of the 1

Asp
    ?

Default Allgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified production

Hello gentlemen.
    Let me share with you recent acquisition of mine - General Assault Badge by RS. Obviously, that it is post war production. However the badge is completely different of the 1957 year's pattern and it fully conforms to well known GAB by RS, including hinge and stamp, but without swastika.
    Curiously, but I did not find something similar in the internet. In my opinion the badge is related to 1945-1957 years Souval production.
    Thanks for your replies.

Regards,
    Alex

Allgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified productionAllgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified production
    Allgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified productionAllgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified production

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines sturmabzeichen, Souval denazified production
    P
    Many

Interesting. Not seen one like that before. Thanks for showing it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The thin red line between wartime original and postwar assembled pieces...

Nevertheless a nice and rare piece.

An odd piece, never seen one quite like that before...The "S" in the "RS" is cut off where the Swastika would have been...I'm no fan of Souvals and have always avoided them myself...I do like the Finish!
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 09-25-2015 at 08:32 PM.

It is 100% original. A similar one was sold a year ago on a German forum. The mark is not L/98 but L/58 on these pieces.

Original casting error ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Original casting error ?
    Or, using original war time dyes and removing the swastika before the finish was applied?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Imo the wartime base was reworked, the swaz was cut out, the hardware was soldered on, then the finish was applied. It is a 100% legit zinc Souval award. Hardware and finish are spot on, so is the base material. Again, imo 100% original. I see no sign of a casting.

Perhaps best described as a post war "transitional" piece! Still, an interesting badge but I'm surprised more haven't been found.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Asp
    ?

Quote by Landsknecht View Post
    It is 100% original. A similar one was sold a year ago on a German forum. The mark is not L/98 but L/58 on these pieces.
    This is true, more likely 58. Not easy to recognise such microstamp.