Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II

Article about: Hello and Happy New Year All, I am considering This Rudolf Karneth General Assault 25 but I have my concerns. First off I do not like the oakleaves, they are weak. I also do not like the fac

G43
    ?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II

Hello and Happy New Year All,

I am considering This Rudolf Karneth General Assault 25 but I have my concerns. First off I do not like the oakleaves, they are weak. I also do not like the fact that when compared to originals you cannot see any of the veins that diverge from the central vein. The acorns appears weak. The 5 has a different shape and characteristics when compared to an original. The bayonet handle slashes are not as neat and sharp. The cap on the grenade is also different. Finally the Second row of feathers on the wings have a different more squared off shape than an original. I am concerned that this badge is a fake but I'd like more opinions. Also according to Dietrich Maerz's medals book Karneth only has one type of GAB 25. Thanks.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe IIAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe IIAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe IIAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe IIAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe IIAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe IIAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II
    P
    Many

Hi there, here's mine to compare with. Stewy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Stuffe II  

a cautious

No issues, looks good to me.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

On most of these fakes the number box differs & the rivets aren't as well made, or placed. Stewy

G43
    ?

Thank you everyone, especially Stewy for your pictures. I still don't like the oakleaves on the example that I posted. Does anyone have any reason for the weak veins? It could come down to picture quality.

Quote by big ned View Post
    No issues, looks good to me.
    Looks for me fine as well.

I think it may be as simple that if you define the oak leaves on such an award you may detract from the importance of the award itself. Hope you can understand what I'm getting at. Stewy

The fakers have yet to master the 'champagne bubbles' patina that is seen on both original badges here, and it's these that are making the definition of the leaf veins difficult to make out. I'm sure there is nothing to worry about here, if the price was right i'd buy it now.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

G43
    ?

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of the opinions.