Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Unknown Maker, Four Rivet.

Article about: I have been waiting patiently for this to show up. It has been in the mail for about 3 weeks. I am not really a GAB collector but have managed to acquire a couple over the years. It was hard

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Unknown Maker, Four Rivet.

I have been waiting patiently for this to show up. It has been in the mail for about 3 weeks. I am not really a GAB collector but have managed to acquire a couple over the years. It was hard to turn this example down when I spotted it for sale. I have been on the lookout for a decent four rivet IAB for a while now and they are not seen for sale very often, so when this one was reduced in price, I jumped on it.
    Ralph.

It might be difficult to see in the photos how much of the frosted finish remains on the obverse. The reverse retains pretty close to 100% of the frosted finish.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Unknown Maker, Four Rivet.
    P
    Many

Hi Ralph,

That's a great badge and very desirable, glad to hear you got it at the right money! The frosted finish is extremely well preserved and very nice, and is one of at least two finishes used by this unknown maker, the other being "Glanzverzinkt" Bright zinc or galvanized to most of us.

I especially like the unique way the hardware was fitted, on two posts that were formed when the badge was struck and then flattened out after the base plates of the hinge and catch were placed onto them, very clever and efficient. I haven't managed to get one of these yet, but one day when I find a nice one and funds allow, I'll get one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

As Ned says, a very nice piece. Such a finish is always hard to photograph but when one knows what it looks like in a photograph it is easy to see that this is a belter. Well found!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

That's a great badge and very desirable, glad to hear you got it at the right money! The frosted finish is extremely well preserved and very nice, and is one of at least two finishes used by this unknown maker, the other being "Glanzverzinkt" Bright zinc or galvanized to most of us.

I especially like the unique way the hardware was fitted, on two posts that were formed when the badge was struck and then flattened out after the base plates of the hinge and catch were placed onto them, very clever and efficient. I haven't managed to get one of these yet, but one day when I find a nice one and funds allow, I'll get one.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned!
    I've always liked this method of fastening as well, even if it is not the best. I don't see them or the IAB's posted very often let alone for sale.
    Wish you luck!
    Ralph.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    As Ned says, a very nice piece. Such a finish is always hard to photograph but when one knows what it looks like in a photograph it is easy to see that this is a belter. Well found!

Regards

Mark
    Thank you Mark!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Nice find and in excellent condition..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Like you I was generally attracted to PAB ' S but over the past few months these GAB'S have been growing on me.

Great score!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Nice find and in excellent condition..
    Thank you Gwar!
    Ralph.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Like you I was generally attracted to PAB ' S but over the past few months these GAB'S have been growing on me.

Great score!
    Thank you Michael!
    Just can't seem to find any decent PAB's right now.
    Ralph.

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thank you Michael!
    Just can't seem to find any decent PAB's right now.
    Ralph.
    I just missed out on an OK priced hollow back Junker Kind of glad in that I just bought a DAK/Sudfront M40 camo helmet so really didn't have the money anyway.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That's a great badge Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast