Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original

Article about: Good evening, I've been offered this unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - the detail appears to be very strong and I believe it to be original, sadly missing the catch. Can I please have a

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original

Good evening,

I've been offered this unmarked Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - the detail appears to be very strong and I believe it to be original, sadly missing the catch.

Can I please have a second opinion?

Thank you, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original
    P
    Many

Hi Glen,

It's a genuine solid zinc GAB sans catch by Berg & Nolte. Here's mine for comparison showing the missing catch.

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked OriginalAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked OriginalAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen - Unmarked Original

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Ned - I was hoping somebody could determine the maker.

Shame about the missing catch but for 60 euro I can't say no considering I don't have one in my collection already!

Thank you, Glen.

Ned is spot on & I would have no problem having it in my collection (especially for that price). I also believe it's nice to have a cross section of awards in respect to their condition. I think it means more to a collector. They were made to be worn, mint is nice but it's sterile IMO. Nobody was chuffed with or worthy of an unissued award. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Ned is spot on & I would have no problem having it in my collection (especially for that price). I also believe it's nice to have a cross section of awards in respect to their condition. I think it means more to a collector. They were made to be worn, mint is nice but it's sterile IMO. Nobody was chuffed with or worthy of an unissued award. Stewy
    Thank you Stewy I couldn't agree more!!

Thank you, Glen.