Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Zinc

Article about: My second one I picked up today. A really nice condition zinc with most of the finish and just some slight wear. Not sure if this is what we would call a semi hollow? As noted, don't have a

MAP
    ?

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Zinc

My second one I picked up today.

A really nice condition zinc with most of the finish and just some slight wear.

Not sure if this is what we would call a semi hollow?

As noted, don't have a book on these. Have looked few a number of threads (so many...) but couldn't find a match.

Any thoughts on this one? Attributed maker?

Is it good?

Thanks everyone.

Michael

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen ZincAllgemeines Sturmabzeichen Zinc
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen Zinc
    P
    Many

A nice Rudolf Karneth zinc ball hinge variant. One of the most common ASA's, but yours looks in really good shape. Nice find, Stewy

I agree with Stewy.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Stewy.

I got the bundle fairly cheap (1 IAB, 2 of these and a PAB). I have a really hard time with the unmarked ones.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I tend to think this flat ball hinge was produced slightly later than the other you posted. Quality wasn't a high priority in these late war awards. But it looks even more evident in this variant. Other than that, they were produced (by or for Karneth) at different outlets. Just my opinion though. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    I tend to think this flat ball hinge was produced slightly later than the other you posted. Quality wasn't a high priority in these late war awards. But it looks even more evident in this variant. Other than that, they were produced (by or for Karneth) at different outlets. Just my opinion though. Stewy
    Hi Stewy,

I agree this is an example of the later semi hollow R.K. GAB and is known as the "type B". As you know, but for the interest of others, there are several differences between this one and the "type A". The most obvious are the eagles beak, the details of the oak leaves, and the deeper scooping out of the reverse die on this "type B" badge. Everything here looks A1.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Ned. As always.