Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

GAB '75' for approval

Article about: I have compared this badge against others for sale, and it looks OK to me - but I know better than to trust my judgement on expensive items! What do you think. Pics are not wonderful, but le

?

Default GAB '75' for approval

I have compared this badge against others for sale, and it looks OK to me - but I know better than to trust my judgement on expensive items! What do you think. Pics are not wonderful, but let me know if you want me to get the seller to try again (this is 2nd attempt).
    GAB '75' for approvalGAB '75' for approval

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement GAB '75' for approval
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: GAB '75' for approval

A fake I'm afraid Al. These same photos were used on another forum recently and reiieved an unanimous thumbs down.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi Al, the pics are poor but I don't like it.

The end of the to hilt the bayonet is certainly different to what I have seen on an accepted original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'm not liking it, Al. It might be just me, but the "75" doesn't look right-the "5" in particular looks "fat" on the curl. Maybe some better pics would be a help on this one. When you're dealing with one of these, it's always best to be cautious. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

There are several things wrong compared to accepted original badges by JFS. The '75' numbers are different, the bayonet hilt - as Ade points out, the trimming outline, the rivets and the hinge is wrong to name just a few.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

The hilt looks more like what you see on the 25 and 50's. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thanks. Looking at one on The Collectors Guild I can see the differences you point out. He also has this PAB 100, which looks to be less finely detailed than a 75 - couldn't find a 100 example.GAB '75' for approvalGAB '75' for approval

Both awards lack deatil,poor hardware too. Sorry. Stewy