Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Grade III Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - RK GAB 50

Article about: Here is a very nice example of a hard to find award. This pretty much completes my GAB collection. A Grade III GAB in zinc by Rudolph Karenth (RK). The awards are larger than the grade I exa

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Cracking badge to add to your collection
    Thanks Nick. Time for a breather now.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grade III Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen - RK GAB 50
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maybe these photos will be more to peoples liking.....

This section of the forum is dying ......

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Stunning and rare!
    Love the silver wash on that!
    Oozes of greatness...
    Simply wauw

The first photo in your Post #12 is just dazzling. Perfect light showing very good detail
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Stunning and rare!
    Love the silver wash on that!
    Oozes of greatness...
    Simply wauw
    Thanks Ullie. The silver wash is what sold me on this. Wish it had some gold wash on the number plate but beggars can't be choosy! LoL

Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The first photo in your Post #12 is just dazzling. Perfect light showing very good detail
    Yes. Nothing ever beats daylight photos. These were snapped from my cell phone no less, with zero editing beyond a bit of cropping. Of course the phone WAS a Google Pixel which makes it so easy to take good photos.
    Last edited by MAP; 03-18-2019 at 01:33 AM.

raz
    ?

This section of the forum is dying ...... Hopefully not Map but I understand what your saying . Usually Big Ned would have a lot to comment on this badge as others would who are not here anymore or just are not interested in commenting anymore . I have noticed the same thing . I really do need this part of the forum to continue on as I need peoples opinion . We don't all have the knowledge that the forum gives and we depend on the assets ( people ) of this forum to lead us in the right direction . Sorry for the rant .
    Raz

MAP
    ?

Quote by raz View Post
    This section of the forum is dying ...... Hopefully not Map but I understand what your saying . Usually Big Ned would have a lot to comment on this badge as others would who are not here anymore or just are not interested in commenting anymore . I have noticed the same thing . I really do need this part of the forum to continue on as I need peoples opinion . We don't all have the knowledge that the forum gives and we depend on the assets ( people ) of this forum to lead us in the right direction . Sorry for the rant .
    Raz
    Yes....a bit of an overstatement in my part and no worries about the "rant"

But things have definitely slowed down. An award like this or the Combined Pilot / Observer badge historically could have drawn a lot more comments ( not that I'm looking for them myself). It is telling.

But more importantly, I have seen a) a decline in awards posted and b) a general lack of response when they are and people are looking for help.

Just a few days ago an EK was posted (by a Life Member no less) with a number of views and no comments

Can we chalk it up to many key members leaving? And thus people not coming here to post their awards as often? Or just a general slow down in collecting? Don't know

But it was great to see BigNed pop his head in last week and provide some high quality feed back as he is known to do. Maybe he will return? We can hope.

Very minty example and great photos. Congrats! on your find and thank you for sharing.
    John

?

That is one great looking,shinny award there!Congrats!
    Just one question,why is the birdy's beak smashed in!?

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ripper View Post
    That is one great looking,shinny award there!Congrats!
    Just one question,why is the birdy's beak smashed in!?
    Thanks.

The beak looks like that due to the "light" strike in the die. There are other examples I've seen like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast