Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

JFS & Deep Pan Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: This design is one of my favorites.

?

Default Re: JFS & Deep Pan Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen

Just to clarify, I don't think anyone was doubting the authenticity of the badge. It was mentioned that the badge looked like one on Staegemeir's site.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JFS & Deep Pan Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi Adrian,

thanks for your comment!
    I completly agree that nobody doubted the authenticity of this badge directly, but if you hear Staegemeir in the same sentence with a badge, there will be a stale taste. I'm sure that most of the collectors know how fast a badge can be talked down, even if there is absolutly no reason for it.

Best regards
    Sven

?

Quote by schwelch View Post
    Hi Adrian,

thanks for your comment!
    I completly agree that nobody doubted the authenticity of this badge directly, but if you hear Staegemeir in the same sentence with a badge, there will be a stale taste. I'm sure that most of the collectors know how fast a badge can be talked down, even if there is absolutly no reason for it.

Best regards
    Sven
    That is absolutely true of course and no association between Staegemeir and this badge should be implied here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hello schwelch
    At the time of my original post there was indeed an almost identical hollow badge on Staegemeiers site. What had
    me wondering was the lack of finish on the reverse hardware, not the mint condition of the badge. As was pointed
    out in posts 6 & 8 I do not make an extensive study of these badges & asked for clarification whether it was good
    or not. It was just unfortunate that a similar badge was on staegemeiers site where one is naturally suspicious.

Regards
    Brett

Hi Brett,

thanks for your comment! I didn't want to criticise your comment, I just wanted to clarify that this badge has nothing to do with Staegemeir.

Unfortunately I haven't seen the example on Staegemeir's site - in general I'm visiting his site not very often
    I know that he is selling a lot of badges which are considered to be fakes in the collectors community, but he is also selling original awards. So I can't say for sure if it was fake or an original example on his site. As I know just the massive variant was identified as a fake yet.

I just can speak for the shown example and as I already wrote there were really never any doubts about it! The rectangular catch is well known on this type of GAB as well as the lack of finish on the setup. All of these I've ever seen had no finish on the setup and I'm not sure if they really exist with any finish on it.

Best regards
    Sven

Hi Sven,

I never had any doubts about the badge from these comments. If I did you would have been the first to hear about it. I've added nearly 20 GAB's to my collection since acquiring it and still consider it one of my favorites.

John
    Last edited by cornernotch; 07-12-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2