Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Article about: Hi Guys, As some of you are aware, I've been dropping hints on the forum that I was expecting a big ticket purchase from the States whilst not divulging what it was. Well, it got here this m

Default JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Hi Guys,

As some of you are aware, I've been dropping hints on the forum that I was expecting a big ticket purchase from the States whilst not divulging what it was. Well, it got here this morning after a long delay with U.K. customs, and I could not be happier with it. I think only one or two genuine ones owned by members here have been shown before so I'm proud to join that group. It is I believe as fine a conditioned grade IV GAB as you're going to get, this thing is not a badge, it's a jewel.

Instead of conking on as I usually do, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves in this case as nothing needs adding to that really, although any questions please feel free to ask if you like.

Obverse and reverse, weight is bang on at 40.8 grams.

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Detail of eagles head and clawed feet gripping the swastika.

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Lower part of the badge showing the crossed bayonet and grenade, the number box, and a flaw on the central vein of the bottom right oak leaf that is found on many (but not all) JFS grade IV GAB's.

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Hinge and pin details.

JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.

Catch details.

And finally, rivet details and the makers mark.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Beautiful Ned. Well done!

Michael

P.S. I think I was close with the guessing game. If I remember correctly I guessed a PAB 75....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for sharing, A very very nice example.

Quote by MAP View Post

Michael

P.S. I think I was close with the guessing game. If I remember correctly I guessed a PAB 75....
    "Nice try Mister....But no cee-gaar!"
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by MAP View Post

Michael

That was me

Quality mate, that's about as much as can manage right now! Congrats my friend. Stewy

Spectacular Ned!
    One of the nicest examples I have seen.
    Congrats, your GAB collection is ALMOST complete now?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Spectacular Ned!
    One of the nicest examples I have seen.
    Congrats, your GAB collection is ALMOST complete now?
    Ralph.
    Ha!! Ha!! Yeah Ralph, I wish!

That's an absolute beauty.
    When are you sending it over to me?
    Jonathan.

?

Ned,
    What a magnificent award. A work of art! I'm sure you have a fine group of friends this one will be displayed with. Let us in, show us a picture!
    Anzel
    Attached Images Attached Images JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen.  JFS Grade IV (75) Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. 

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast